Friday, September 21, 2018

I Am Not Immune




It is the weirdest thing I have to admit. After yesterday's revelation about what the members of the chapter bookclub whose staff died recently. I did not think this really bothered me too much as we plowed into the next few chapters of the volume. I figured we are okay and I figured I was okay but I think I was wrong.

After I returned home I had a regular Thursday night and try to get to bed a little early so I can do some reading and take some weight off my behind which I've been trying to do all week. I read for a while then figured I was ready for sleep the sleep is not ready for me. I think somewhere in my subconscious I was trying to process the death of Kellie. I'm not sure how she spelled her name. I tossed and I turned searching desperately for sleep but could not find the unconscious anywhere. I watched the clock go from 10 o'clock, to 11 to 12 and later. I was surprised at how cool the weather got. I had my window opened a crack all summer long and it was just a small crack but I found the temperature cold even under my great white Pdiddy jacket. I was even frightened that I wasn't going to make it through the night myself that my staff would find the this morning at 7 AM dead in my bed.

2 o'clock went to 3 o'clock and and for a short moment or two I began to get drowsy hoping desperately to fall asleep. However, the drowsiness left. At this moment I decided to get back into my book and read some more which I did for about a half hour. Finally around 4 o'clock I began to drowsy out again this time I actually slept for about an hour. On the days my staff comes I try to get up by 6 AM so that I'm ready. I also like to have coffee made it be in my chair so we can get the business done and I can get on with my day to let my person go to hers. I was totally enveloped in that fog of lack of sleep but I did get up. I was kind of excited for the state because I would be having lunch with two of my previous bosses and I was excited. By staff actually gave me some great information about processing the death of someone by a doing a ritual of saying goodbye. This sounds a little New Age but what is there to lose? That point in the day/night anything is open discussion between letting the deceased go even if I didn't realize I needed to do so.

I'm tired and I'm really hoping tonight I'm going to find some sleep. Think I will come not to worried one where the other. I don't think I'm going to be as fatalistic as I was last night however I am thinking very seriously about developing a systematic end-of-life document that my kids will be able to use to clear the old man out. So the next couple of weeks going to be contacting the crematorium as well as anything else I need to set up for such an event. The event is coming one where the other… No doubt about it.



No comments: