Thursday, September 20, 2018

Last Chapter Book Club




What a strange day. I was kind of excited because it just seemed every time I turned the corner I was getting insights for possible blog entries. This is incredibly exciting but sometimes you have to tap dance for minutes maybe even hours before you can find a thread to write on for 500 words, at least 500 words. Today for some reason they do seem to be everywhere is writing this morning and later as I was traveling to my First Chapter Book Club. My mind seem to be churning with ideas. Go figure? Perhaps it was/is the upcoming change of seasons and really that's only a page on a calendar. Still something is operating I don't know what it is but I plan to exploit the phenomenon as long as I can.

This Thursday that means coffee club in the morning and First Chapter B C (bookclub) in the afternoon. I've been a little concerned about a possible wound on my buttocks and a little worried about the bus trip out to the library for the bookclub. That's a lot of travel time in my chair and on the bus a lot of rocking which leads to shearing which is not good for the butt a least my butt. So I did something this afternoon that I rarely do I actually laid down and worked on one of my tablets for an hour or so and was surprised at how good the but felt for the trip to the library.

I usually try not to ruminate on things is inconsequential as a ride to the library but I was doing pretty well. I got up from my lay down and I still have about an hour to get to the library. Which is way more than enough time. I went to the Internet and paid my cable Internet fee online which is the second time I've ever done such a event. This could get habit-forming. I knew I was cutting the time. Close but I figured I still had three quarters of an hour. I would have time to get to the library, hit the restroom and still have time to open up the room and get chairs and tables set up. The finally came I was still doing. I began to be concerned but it seems like we're stopping at every bus stop and loading people. Then bus driver pulled the vehicle over and said hold on everybody I got go and he left the bus! He was gone for at least 10 minutes! Unbelievable you must've had a massive number two to do!! My window of time was dwindling. Ah ha I thought here's sucker punch I always talk about . I made it though. I got to the library with five or six minutes to spare I beat the sucker punch.

If there was a corporate office for the First Chapter Book Club of West Jordan Utah at the public library it would be staffed from Utah Development Disabilities Council(UDDC). They finally found someone to replace Debbie who mysteriously vanished four weeks ago. I've been sort of running the show until they found a new program coordinator who was introduced today. So Ricca and Elva were there from corporate. This is good that takes the pressure off me which is okay

The numbers were light today. RenĂ©e did not show, neither did blind Jonathan or Kelly. Kelly is Jason's staff. That means she goes with Jason almost everywhere and is always been with Jason at bookclub. Jason was there today but no Kelly which was odd but no one really said anything. Kelly was a bit older but were younger than me and she tended to like to take control. I have to let her leave the bookclub because she did such a good job. Anyway, we began to settle in. Elva passed out the books and I then asked Jason is Kelly coming? He looked at me as he does through his developmentally disabled eyes and said “no”. I shrugged and said “that's too bad you will have to catch her up” then Jason says “that will be hard kind of hard” and then I figured myself oh oh the girl has been viewed got himself fired. That did not surprise me either, Kelly had a way of overstepping her authority. Then came the sucker punch… Jason says “Kelly is never coming again, Kelly died” holy catfish! Bookclub just turned into an afterschool special. I pulled out all my shrink techniques to get ready to be super Shrink not only for Jason but for the rest of the crew but nothing happened. Jason his own way as happy as a clam. “Kelly's happy now she's dancing and she's happy” this obviously meant Kelly was happy Jason was happy and therefore bookclub was happy. We moved on and started reading chapter 38. Kelly would have approved.

No comments: