Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Guilty Pleasure



Podiatry day. I don't know why but nine weeks ago when I set the appointment for the next session of podiatry I purposely set the time at 8:15 AM! I knew this would be a struggle for me but still I set the time and was willing to do whatever I needed to to meet this appointment. I thought about going to bed early but of course that did not happen. I just figured I would wake up 4:30 AM usual and make the appointment.

I woke this morning about 4:38 AM. I was unsure of going back to sleep for fear I would deep sleep and miss .my appointment. I played peekaboo the clock for the next 90 minutes. I figured if I got up by six I would have more than enough to make 10:15 AM appointment. You have to realize that 217 is not a straight through bus route. The 217 into the West Jordan train station where it turns into the 218 and then continues south on the road going right past my podiatrist's office. The only drawback is that I have to build in at least 15 minutes to my trip. If I don't build this time in to my trip I can be very late is not good for the doctors appointment. Today was good. I was actually feeling pretty good for as little sleep as I have gotten. I even had enough to consider breakfast. I guess I could've prepared something at the apartment-- actually I had a half a piece of toast from yesterday which held me over quite nicely.

As I dressed this morning I knew the temperature was going to be cool. I've made a mistake in the past on early fall mornings but not this day. I actually done when my longsleeved T-shirts out out of the closet. This is the first longsleeved shirt I wore all season since early spring. And I was glad, there was a definite chill in the air as I bolted from the door of the apartments.

I should be responsible and not spend any more money until pay day. But I figured I deserved a treat for being so responsible and getting my toenails cut. I remembered my podiatrists's office is right in the middle but at the end of the block are some fast food joints. I had a half hour or so to kill and found a Burger King. A Burger King fat bomb, is the last thing that I need but guess what? I got the meal deal!! To be more specific I got the sausage egg biscuit, hash rounds and coffee!! Life does not get better than this!! There is just something delicious about fast food breakfasts. I try not to think what I'm doing to my body as I sink my teeth into the bundled sausage egg biscuit. I noticed, too late, I did not think to pick up napkins as I felt the grease ooze from the side of my mouth. I wiped my mouth on my long sleeve shirt. It was too late to go back to the napkins. I was in a heaven of taste. I bit the ketchup packet and squeeze a small red puddle sauce on my tray next to the fried potato rounds. The coffee was perfect this was exactly what I wanted my breakfast to be. I should've felt guilty as I munched down the sausage egg biscuit and crunched the rounds. I knew I would regret this pleasure when I weigh on Friday but sometimes you just have to let go and enjoy the carbs.


No comments: