Monday, September 24, 2018

Premier Week


(I apologize I just cannot figure out an image that would best highlight today's posting.)
I am so shall I must confess that I'm totally excited that the new television season starts tonight. Well it's not the kind thing I lose any sleep over Maybe it's just the promise of the new season of some of my favorite shows like Young Sheldon, Big Bang Theory. Maybe it's because I'm an old guy now that the new season does not charge me up like it used to. Maybe I'm just underwhelmed because of so many different forms of media nothing especial weight used to be. In the old days when the three giant networks ran the complete television platform the new season was a big deal. It was so cool background to try new things every year. Not only did it have new series they spotlighted but also “movie of the week”. Networks actually showed relatively new movies on the TV. It seems like the day/evening changed from year to year as the networks try to capture larger viewing populations.

I think I came around just at the right time to take advantage of such what seemed cosmic events. The new Star Trek's series was always astounding along with Man From Uncle and even Get Smart and a host of other programming those bright, shiny and new. Of course, my schoolwork, kind of went down the tubes at this point. I was one of the first academic casualties to electronic media. The networks truly competed with each other for market share trying out all kinds of things to trap the consumer interviewing their offerings. I remember some of networks actually offering to our special that showed snippets of all the new offerings for the season. Nothing like that now. Now it's program streaming and even on demand. In some parts of the media universe you can get the whole season at once been used to the whole thing if you want to. What a great time to be alive in here television junkie.

I'm certainly not going to waste my whole night on the two but I am going to watch the two Sheldon's offerings. I'm going to miss Big Bang theory. However, the need to reformat the premise of the show since most of the actors were young academics at the time are now middle-aged professionals trying to act like young academics does not really make much sense so it's good the closing this season. However like I said I would be interested in seeing how each one of these little characters spin off into their own little universes and lives. Maybe somebody will pick up on this and that's the new direction.

I think I'll grab my salad which I made earlier this week. Nothing do anything as energetic as making popcorn are doing anything special to celebrate the beginning of the new television season except for sit back in my power chair and bask in the soothing gentle radiation of my flats creen television and welcome the new season with open arms.

No comments: