Monday, September 03, 2018

Just A Another Labor Day



Sometimes I get the feeling that things are too easy. I'm cautious when I think that way because, y'all know me, I'm always waiting for the sucker punch. But it's been pretty nicely, almost too nice but I'm not going to argue with me “gift horse”. I'm going to take each day as it comes in enjoy the heck out of it.

Today my home health worker was back. She took vacation Friday and I had “floater” who did a great job but just wasn't Dana. She was gone just one day and I really didn't have any problem with the person they sent – – when that person finally got here – – but having my regular worker back just puts everything in place. Today the holiday and it feels like a holiday. I was almost tempted to head out across the street to other restaurants for holiday breakfast. I did not however I elected to microwave a couple of eggs and use the last my toast. I make my bed tidy up my room little bit read chapter from the current book been checked the times of movies at the theater. I figured what the heck is the holiday I'm going to do a movie and I did. Some silly thing called Alpha, a trite piece of work about one writer's imagination of how the first wolf became tamed. It was pretty silly but entertaining. There's another film called Axle which is about a synthetic beast which I wish I had gone to instead of the other but still what was important for me was getting up and out and enjoy the holiday.

It's Labor Day. That day which celebrates the workers. I used to be a worker. I miss being a worker I would be a worker now if I could find something to work at. Even if I am limited to how much work I can do. If I do too much might rent will be affected negatively. I doubt that I can work that much to justify a significant raise in rent. As it is it feels like I'm sliding by which you feel like you can fully appreciate Labor Day as I used to. I know this is silly thinking after all Labor Day is just another holiday and that selling stuff to a country that doesn't need to be buying more stuff. It's symbolic and that is a great reason to get together with people you like/love one more time before the weather finally cools and the cold weather moves in. I got popcorn and drink two boxes of candy. Milk duds an M&Ms medium-sized popcorn and Coke zero mixed with Cherry Coke. I only ate half of everything somehow I did not feel too guilty of using my body with these unnecessary calories.

Nothing that happened to me. My power chair worked perfectly, I didn't pee all over myself in the bathroom in my bowels stayed in place. Did like shopping on the way home got coffee for tomorrow. It wasn't a bad Labor Day and I continue to be blessed.