Thursday, September 06, 2018

"Per Chance To Dream..."





It's Thursday which means coffee with the coffee group in the morning and this afternoon catching the bus in writing South to the West Jordan library for Next Chapter book club. I suppose if I were more ambitious or together I would be doing something else with my time as opposed to just hanging around the apartment in effect killing time. I'm tired and just want to hang out at the apartment with the door open to my patio and listen to the sounds of NPR and the kids (I suppose cutting class) at the skateboard park running through their tracks. Full disclosure however I did work out on my arm bike for 30 minutes while listening to Fresh Air. I should have pumped for 50 minutes but exhausted today having slept poorly.

I was actually excited going to bed at a decent time. I plan to hit the sack and then read a little bit (and trying to finish this book on Jack Nicholson I've been reading on all week) then sleep the sleep of the dead all night through—i should have learned by now that is not going to happen.I went though my nightly process read a little getting sufficiently groggy reached up turned out my reading light and realized I had closed the Venetian blinds the wrong way! There are huge lights outside my window in the burn all night. I'm sure the purpose of the lights is to deter crime but at what cost? I have suffered this dilemma before. I one time even managed to sleep with the light filtering through the blinds. I had to put a pillow over my head that I did get some sleep. I was so tired last night I was willing to take the risk and see if I could wander through the nights rest with this glaring mistake.

I thought perhaps I could scoot down in the bed far enough to where the light would not penetrate my eyelids to the point of keeping me awake. This maneuver would require folding the feet up of the bed as well as setting the back portion of as well kind of making me a figure S. This lasted but a few minutes before my head was interrupted with light rays from the outside. I next through my winter parka over my head the plan of leaving just enough space for my nose – – this to failed miserably. I did not take into account that technically it is still a season of summer much too hot for a winter jacket over my head. I suffer the light, tossed and turned until 1:30 AM when I finally decided enough was enough to pull myself out of bed to fix those dreaded blinds. Sadly, the damage had been done my brain was totally awake. I must admit I did enjoy just lying there in the darkness and I think I did sleep a little here and there but not the deep sleep one needs to be effective participant in the coffee group. I'll be okay as far as Next Chapter. I just have to show up and read my page when it's time.

I'm looking forward to this evening's slumber. I am hoping I will have no problems arise. I doubt I will get a complete nights rest but I will certainly do better than last night...

No comments: