Saturday, September 08, 2018

Come Saturday Morning


Blog 090818 – – Saturday

I did not get as good a sleep as I would've liked particularly since I slept so poorly the night before with the light incident outside my bedroom window. However, I forced myself to stay in bed at least to try and gather some sleep and finally rising about 8:00 AM. Quite surprisingly little better than anticipated I would so I figured I would get my chores going. I needed to get down to the laundry room despite the high capacity washer before anyone else.
I live in a secure facility which translates to “gated”. Plus the entry to the apartment complex, front doors are locked and you have to have a code to gain entry especially on weekends. As I've mentioned before our complex is right next to a county park and often folks using the park IE kids try to take advantage of the bathrooms at the complex. There's been a number of warnings to not let just anyone into the facility was trying to. I have a problem with this and I usually let anybody standing outside the doors in. If they were just kids I probably wouldn't are teenagers from the skate park I would not most likely let in but anybody else I generally do. This morning as I went down to check my wash there were two suits standing at the front door trying to get in. They were obviously trying to enter the code into the door had with no results. There is a white unmarked minivan parked under the awning to the front door and I really thought these guys are either Jehovah witnesses are missionaries. Shiny black shoes, black dress suit white shirt and tie. I did notice one had a gold nameplate that I really didn't pay much attention to I figured he was the that missionary since most missionaries have that black plastic name tag with white lettering. I pushed the button the door swung open and I did have the presence of mind to ask who they are here to see. I really didn't care and terms rolling away and I heard the guy say “we're here to collect Patricia she passed during the night”. And never considered this before. I knew Patricia ill and I knew there was kind of a deathwatch going on and I knew that there's been some talk about her leaving the facility for hospice setting. But she was gone... Literally.

I was kind of surprised these two were driving a white minivan. I thought of the at least a black minivan or something morose. I did not think much of the process at first but as I sat there I found it peculiar these guys we just swoop in grab the body and leave. I stayed on the scene while because people were beginning to get up on or around and nobody seemed to know that Patricia asked. A lot of folks were walking their dogs since it was still pretty early in the wonder worn them in case the dog got excited regarding the dead body, I don't know. There's also a couple of grandma's little kids stay with them on weekends and I want to give them a heads up in case they didn't want the kids witnessing Patricia being taken from the building. The more I thought about it and continues to be strange to me that they did not contact Diana the resident advisor. Perhaps I should've gone to and got Diana. I don't know if there is a protocol about taking a body off premise. I actually was also hanging around to see the process and see how they collected the corpse and put it in the back. Pathetically I was going to try to get a image of the process for this posting. I went up to the second floor where I would have an excellent view. However, a kind of disgusted myself and gave up and went down to check my wash. When I got back in the laundry was gone and I assume Patricia along with it. I supposedly at work with this person at some point in the past. In fact a little bit last week or week before I cannot recall. I don't recall working with Patricia but that's just my Alzheimer's I'm sure kicking in. A heck of a way to start my weekend.

No comments: