Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Back To Bed and Other Things



I'm getting all kinds of chatter on my cell phone that I really paid much attention to. DRAC, a direct action organization has been burning up the airwaves it seems. Couple weeks ago we got a few new members who really began posting messages to the whole group. Each time a messages posted the messenger bell rings. Day or night someone posts a message the alarm rings. Finally I got so exasperated because messages are being posted late into the night that I turned the notifier off. Just as well. It seems like it happened action and one of the key people got arrested and now is having to report to her point of incarceration and you seem to be pretty upset about the fact no one is showing up support her. I don't know what she was thinking. Our little mismatch group of want to be protesters is now having to enter the real world.

I did not sign up to go to jail. I would if there's something I believe in strong enough and we certainly have not reached that level with this group at least for me. I will soon support them in their actions, I will go to their meetings once a month and I leave their submarine sandwiches and potato chips and I will give feedback if I'm asked but that's about as far as I will go. I showed up on one of two actions and enjoy getting back into the protest mode but that's as far as I'm willing to go at this point time.

I'm having to take my life easy this week. I feel I have some skin issues going on with my but so are really having to spend a lot of time in a press release mode whether it's leaning my chair back were actually laying on the bed trying to figure out some way to occupy my time. I tried to relieve the pressure off my butt so I can sit up for 50 minutes while I crank my arm bike. I will put some more lotion and stuff on my butt tonight and hopefully tomorrow when Dana, home health person, is here perhaps we can put some new skin on what I think might be a wound. Hopefully, by this attention to the pressure I will be more able to function next week when I have to do more traveling. At this juncture in my week I have only the bookclub on Thursday afternoon that I have to do any significant traveling that will put pressure on my hip. I know it sounds like a wuss but I'm finding that this advanced age, that I am it's better to be hypervigilant and a member of a strike line on issues I find questionable.

I was kind of surprised this morning. I thought barbers as a rule to have Mondays since they often work on Saturdays a big haircut day. I purposely did not cross the street, where I found a little Hispanic lady who was a barber and has a small shop, because I thought sure she would been closed yesterday but I saw a small paper plastic the window of her humble little shop saying she would be back on Wednesday. She obviously closes every Tuesday. What's with that? I need a haircut though she charges $7.99 – really $10 when you throw in the tip. Still haircut is cheaper than any of the place I can get around here. So maybe, if I do anything productive tomorrow it will be to get a haircut out-of-the-way..

No comments: