Friday, July 17, 2020

3 Degrees Of Glory

These weird chairs showed up in the laundry today I think they look like penguins.. They got stuck in the first floor laundry because it was first floor it would never happen on the other floors…


The LDS faith in one of its many facets has an end-of-life category that has three tiers. Depending how one lives their life depends on where they land after judgment, whatever judgment is. The most exalted status or level is called Celestial, the second status Terrestrial and the least desired is Telestial and boy can I go on forever on these three areas in a blog but that is not what today's blog is about except for general reference.


Yesterday as you know was Coffee group. We tend to prattle just about everything one where the other but I have to admit I was a bit shocked and surprised when the conversation turned to first the amount of hospitalizations and deaths of folks at the facility in the last couple weeks and secondly how the last round of fatalities of all been located on the third floor. Then I was furthermore shocked when the ladies started openly talking about how great it was to live on the upper floors and not having to live on the ground floor. There's three of us who live on the ground floor and we always sit together at coffee and we looked at each other little quizzical and was kind perplexed at the conversation. When I first moved in I thought it be kind of cool live on the third floor and be able to look out over the park in the able to have him overcome of privacy when out on the deck if you're careful. I felt the same way on the second floors too. Let me refresh on the ground floor, where I am, there is the front office with the building manager and the common room where any functions take place. The common room opens up to the patio where the gas grill is located. On the second floor there is a quite nice library. I love the library it really has a number of great volumes not only of classics but trashy paperbacks, some science fiction. There's always something to read in the library. There's also a computer room that has three terminals and a nice printer. There's also a craft room which is been taken over by puzzlers which drives you crazy great waste of the room. And there's a candy machine and a junk machine, you know candy bars, chips and stop. On the third floor there's this great media room with a large screen pre-flatscreen device with a number of DVDs real live videotapes. There's oversize couches and a couple of high tables in the back. Such is in the top of the building is vaulted ceilings with Windows at the top. Which really quite a cozy place and should be used more but nobody really knows how to work the big screen and knows exactly what streaming technology might be available. Really needs to be upgraded but it's kind of nice when people come to visit me sometimes we escape up to the upper room. The reason that I explain all this is that from yesterday's conversation at coffee I got the distinct impression that these people actually think we might be somewhat better off than the lower levels and especially the ground floors like me. I don't see it that way aside from the building doing a complete pancake like in the earthquake I think I have a better option of getting out of the building in emergency then the old coots on the second and third floors. I did not bring up any of these obvious putdowns know I was somewhat tempted and maybe I was reading too much into it. Maybe I was being a little thin-skinned.


Each floor has their own laundry, I think I've rattle on about this before, and I have used the second-floor laundry before when somebody on the level that I live on had already grabbed the front end loader which I use. I would go all the way to the third floor (the celestial floor) if I needed to but luckily I doubt there would ever be a time when all the front loader should be in use at the same time. I do remember however, even though nothing was said, a kind of got the fisheye when I rolled out of the laundry with my basket of clean clothes …


No comments: