Thursday, July 09, 2020

Another Bump In The Road




It's a shame that have already used the title “Sucker Punch”But that's the only fitting description I can give to the events of today. It's not so bad that I would call it a black Thursday but I'm certainly happen to step back and examine my options.

Actually it's been a pretty good day. Sunshine, heat, fairly adequate sleep and a good coffee group. It's Thursday which means that's the day I take care of myself in the morning. I'm so fortunate to be able to get myself up and out of bed, shaved in ready for the day totally independent – – I am so damn lucky! Anyway, I'm a little concerned as I go about my morning progress. Annette, my home health staff, is going to be off tomorrow but she's made arrangements with the agency I use to have her shift covered. I guess this is no big deal and it's getting easier to deal with. It still means having to work with a new person who doesn't know me but again I feel that hey, this is just for one day and things go back to normal on Monday when Annette gets back from her family function at Bear Lake. Seriously, this is a good thing it will give me somebody trained as a backup for when Annette is gone again. These things happen right? After all, I work with an agency they supply my staff, I can't expect Annette is going to be here forever after all she's got a given me fair warning about getting her “history scrubbed” so she can go on and get a better job and make better money. So, having preluded all this And trying to be as proactive as possible I call the agency to make sure that I will have coverage tomorrow morning. I've learned my lesson especially with this industry – – you got a be proactive you've got to cover your ass.

The first call I make of course is over lunch hour and nobody's in over lunch hour but only from a message and get on with my day. This morning of course I have a mishap and dump everything off one of my workstations on the floor and so I'm in the middle of trying to pick everything up in my phone rings. It's the agency. Good if nothing else I know there in and now be able to get back with them immediately following picking up the mess. My phone indicates a message is been left so I figure what the hell I listen to the message (I don't really mess around with messages most the time I just call the phone number back) but during the phone message I learn that I've been assigned a new person! And that new person will be starting on Monday morning!! I kind of freak! What about tomorrow and what about Annette, Annette never indicated to me that she found the position and was leaving the agency. Everything She said gave me the impression that she will be back on Monday with pictures to show me of her vacation and we would start just as usual. This of course did force an immediately call to the agency. The little batch of brightness branch of the phone, Camille or whatever, reinforce the fact that my person was gone and she wasn't coming back but the new person is just as good.

I of course feel the sucker punch, betrayal, what the hell? Then I have to stand back “sit” and go with the flow. I can't believe and that didn't give me a heads up even if it's as Camille says that Annette just found out about her new job and give immediate resignation. I hate the idea of training a new person but maybe this is best. Annette as well as be in my healthcare staff she's also been my housekeeper on Saturdays. I don't know if this will continue. This kind of panics me but what I have learned through numerous trade outside this is that everything goes on in that I need to go with the flow and there will be a Friday morning and a Monday morning and my life will get back to some form of normality this is just another bump in the road.

No comments: