Monday, July 27, 2020

Transit Mystery




I Actually got up this morning feeling pretty decent. I'm really beginning to think my butt wound is healing which is a great sign. I did not really want to push my luck but want to get out on the bus and go somewhere. My check from Assist inc. I love this check regardless of how small it tends to be. It's an honorary more or less. David my handler from Assist has got the management to come up with a few bucks for every meeting we attend. It'd been almost a year since we got our last check so the value was more than $100! Like I said not a lot but enough to be able to make a point to head out on the bus for the bank/credit union.

There used to be a baby credit union in the basement at the student center at the community College which is just a few blocks down the street. I loved this branch. I could cash by checks, get new checks actually do anything a regular branch could do except get loans and I really was not in getting loans. But in Mountain America credit Union fast wisdom they shut this branch down. I guess I can see the point as far as volumes of service goes but having a full-service credit union right there, sure made life easier for me. Now I have two options I can take the 217 down about 30 Street South or take the 217 the other way and then switch to the westbound 47 which takes me just a couple blocks west of all working branch. Seems like a lot of bus switching but what else have I got to do?

I really do like traveling in the morning coolness. The day is going be a hot daybut I didn't mind. Interesting however when I got off the bus at the transfer station I was greeted by the image at the top of this posting. I wish I knew the story behind the image. Interestingly, Dianne and I actually had a saying that we used every time we came upon an inexplicable event would most likely say”there's a story there”. A jar of peanut butter eaten three force of the way, the lid from that peanut butter obviously scattered and a pillow of some sort or maybe a cushion which may or may not be related to the overall scene. I got a strong feeling all the items were related. Why would somebody just abandon their jar of peanut butter. I mean peanut butter and peanut butter I know and it look like it was peanut butter from a food bank. I should know I have 4or5 bottles of my pantry. One can gain a lot of pleasure from peanut butter whether creamy or crunchy. I think crunchy definitely leads the diner to feel they're getting a more substantial meal but there's nothing like the coating the roof of the mouth gets from
nice tablespoon heaped with creamy peanut butter. And the cushion that look like it was thrown haphazardly. My imagination thinks a homeless person was sleeping or sleepily having breakfast on the bench at the bus stop when their bus suddenly rollup and caught in a frenzy of not wanting to miss their bus probably taken them to another homeless shelter or maybe downtown park they grabbed their belongings or backpack or whatever and madly tossing the cushion beside. Either way it's a mystery just one of the many I have to experience writing the system…

No comments: