Friday, July 03, 2020

Like A Robber



What an interesting holiday configuration this year is, for the Fourth of July. Of course because the fourth is happening on Saturday this year the observed holiday is on Friday so all the working stiffs can have the day off. I get it, I understand, I used to be a working stiff norm just old retired and every day is a holiday. Be that as it may I have to admit I was pretty excited about Friday the the observed holiday but I have to admit I had to keep reminding myself that the fourth is actually tomorrow. Today felt like Saturday. I kept thinking I need to get the food bank and keep realizing that it's close this week had I wanted to get anything out of the food bank I should've gone on Wednesday no big deal however got enough to get me by. I'm doing one of those weird things that I do on a major holiday I'm knocking myself up preparing a meal like is having family over for a bunch of friends for some kind of holiday get-together which is not going to happen but I'm making the meal have a great time.

I've been meaning to get the Costco since Monday when Annette, home health person, showed me I was running desperately low on skin lotion. Annette has been very studious and making sure that I get lathered with lotion after every shower. Her attention has really made by legs look and feel a lot better. When I was at Costco a week or so ago I noticed they had lotion made up mind note to go back and get a set. So when I finished dicing the potatoes I purchased today and actually making the potato salad I decided I would sprint up to Costco which I did. I realized it was a holiday and that Utah transit Authority would be running their bus fleet on the holiday schedule which means that route 47 which takes very close to Costco runs on half an hour headways. Half an hour headways are not as convenient as 15 minutes but little planning and the store problem still I only had 20 minutes to get to stop to catch the inbound. Fortunately everything was in the captain's chair by the table I had a bit sure I had a backup catheters bags everything else that I needed for the trip. It's summer now so I'm wearing a cap, I made sure I had my bus pass and my wallet. When I left the apartment I had 10 minutes to get to the bus stop more than enough time. I was at the bus stop when I suddenly realized I didn't pack my mask! I've got three masks now I should keep one in my backpack but I don't. I've become quite conscious to wear her mask and feel quite naked and irresponsible when I don't. Well the only thing I could do was to pull my shirt up over my nose like a robber or Mort from bazooka Joe bubblegum wrappers. I still feel conspicuous.

I felt relieved when the bus pulled up in the driver was not wearing a cover. But then I noticed he had a basket his hand which he slipped on when you loaded me onto the bus. Not a whole lot of people are riding the bus the days , it's great, it's like having my own personal chauffeur. I was pleased the driver didn't say anything about not having a mask but I kept my robber appearance up all the way to Costco. Today's hot and I love it a great day to be traveling. I got the Costco and felt totally out of place I was the only one without a mask, I felt naked and as you know that's not a bad feeling but it is if it's going to make you feel like the great carrier of diseases. It must've shown in my face because one of the greeters asked if I wanted a mask and of course I did. In fact he gave me to one for backup. It's not a great mask like my black mask that Dianne gave me or the cloth mask that somebody else gave me somewhere along the line but it'll do it will give me the appearance of being compliant and sometimes that's the best you can hope for…


No comments: