Friday, July 31, 2020

Steak and a Window Show

I forgot about the fire station showing up in the parking lot outside my window. These guys had the lights go on the entire time there in the parking lot so they were there for more than just donuts and steak. I didn't ask in my server didn't tell

I don't know what's happening weather-wise for this area. I think it's just the end of days and the seasons are becoming confused as outlined in the Scripture, prophecy. We seem to be about two weeks ahead of schedule. The days are hot unforgivably hot . Even if we were in the hot season, our hottest season is not THIS hot. I don't know what's happening in the guess I really don't care going to enjoy the heat for as long as we have it taking aim to be sure I'm hydrated, got my head covered and that I have a full charge in my battery.


I've got a confession to make for more than a month now I have not been tracking my weight! I'm ashamed of myself and I'm kind of freaked out as I know I've gained some weight and have been in denial but now I need to get back on the horse or saddle or whatever the metaphor start taking control of my weight and my life again. So I was shocked this morning when Annette, yes Annette and that's another story entirely, punched the button for the bad news and nothing happened. No numbers showed or numerals. Part of me was a static because I did try but another part of me was concerned because I've got a get back to weight control probably sooner than later. So, I decided I would pick up some batteries today then tomorrow when Annette comes for the weekly cleaning she and I can put them into the scales and we can run a ballpark check until Monday when we can do regular check when I'm naked. I don't want to spend a lot of time but suffice it to say Annette is my full-time staff again. One reason or another Jenna does not seem to be working out, and I really like the girl I want to keep Jenna as my backup: model party girl Annette will stay with me. And it showed up this morning just because I had called when after a half an hour staff had not shown up that took Annette another half hour to get to my apartment so I was really off my schedule – – not that I really have anywhere to be ago after all this is a pandemic – – but by the time I met walked out the door it was like 10:15 AM. I chose not to have breakfast and jump on the bus for point North. I've noticed the State retirement as well as my Social Security has been deposited into my account. I felt flush and it wasn't Covid. I decided I would take myself out for steak which I have not done for who knows how long.


I don't mean to sound like an old fogey, but one has to have some specialized skills at dining in these days. Went to Sizzler the epic steakhouse that used to be a get a full dinner for under six bucks not anymore, not for some time. Anyway, you pay for your dinner upfront tell them what you want when they bring it to you. There is some areas that you can get up and move about like the salad bar stuff but it's all very structured now and I suppose safe. I didn't choose the salad bar. Maybe it's just because I was dining by myself but I found the whole experience pretty weird from the redneck couple on the other side of the booth having the most bizarre discussion to some guy who could have been my age given me to stare down. I got the vibe like “what are you doing out in public?” Maybe it's just me. Maybe I DO need to socialize more and get out


No comments: