Thursday, July 02, 2020

Rocker




I just delight when I find the item that I'd like has the actual name or category. Today I found that what I've formally called a rocker knife is actually a mezzaluna knife who would a thought that rocker knives had such a unique name?

So after yesterday's post I began thinking about the whole concept of sticking my old rocker knife and just what would the new rocker knife might run. When I thought about having to contact my older brother about manufacturing to knobs and then setting them in place on the end of the rocker knife and the time and bother of such a project versus getting online and just ordering something and have it show up in five days or less. Of course, I searched just for (rocker knife) and what showed up among other things was the term mezzaluna. I was fascinated ! Not only did I learn a new term but I also saw that the very nice I was considering we having would cost me less than five dollars!! Plus there is a beautiful stainless steel version that has no wooden handles, the complete rocker knife is stainless steel and beautiful. Granted that life is 2 inches shorter than the knife I'm talking about replacing but the stainless steel knife itself is less than $15. I know this sounds decadent but I can have both.

I use my mezzaluna knives on a daily basis whether it's coming up jalapeno peppers for my morning burrito chart stop slicing and dicing said burrito into nifty little bite-size pieces which I spread the jalapenos on over which I cover with crispy Chinese noodles the brand I use is La Choy(I think it's nifty to mix cultures in my foods). Then of course the mezzaluna is ideal for cutting pizzas. They come in all shapes and sizes. I would really like to get a large knife but the 9 inch mezzaluna knife I'm considering will do the job just right. I even use it to cut watermelons. However, if I had my druthers I would get the huge mezzaluna. There is a great little restaurant equipment shop in the Valley that sells them fairly cheap. After spending time on this research project I suddenly began to feel quite excited about placing my order for not one but two mezzaluna's. I have not placed the order yet I'm too busy getting ready for the Fourth of July. I've done most of the shopping except for running up to Walmart to get a watermelon and possibly a bag of root beer Popsicles the two stick kind. The weather report states it's going to get hot again – – which I'll believe when I see/feel – – but I can hope. I think I've made just enough room in the freezer for the frozen delicacies of summer. I can get 18 root beer Popsicles are a bag of 18 banana flavor or a mixture. I think I would like to start out the root beer, 18 of them.

I know it's only me I'm planning on cooking for on the Fourth of July. I also know that I might even peter out of even producing the meal but I figure if I have all the items I need who knows if you cook it they might come…

Today I ordered two

No comments: