Saturday, July 18, 2020

Welcome Back



It's really funny how life works, at least for me, you never know was just around the corner. Also concerned and a bit perplexed and a little annoyed when Annette my home health professional as well as housekeeper never came back from her scheduled vacation will more than a week ago maybe two weeks ago. In that. I have three different home health people the last being Jenna who is really kind of cool. I think I could really get into her as a home health person. She served me twice each time we learned little bit about each other and had a number of things in common. She's great to work with, take direction well and I think pretty dependable. I was beginning to think of her as the next long-term person.

As the week wore on I kind of expected that here's something from Annette but I did not and then yesterday in the afternoon I decided I better texture and see if she's still considering cleaning my apartment on Saturdays. To my delight I started getting texts indicating that she would be there or here this morning about 8:30 AM. I was relieved and surprisingly excited at the prospect of seeing her again. The apartment actually is in pretty good condition with the help of Jenna and myself trying to be somewhat responsible/proactive. I was delighted again when Annette knocked on the door and appeared this morning ready for work. She was clearly excited to see me as I was her and we hugged and delighted to be in each other's company once again. Then she dropped an interesting bomb and that she informed me that she would be showing up on Monday to start my home health service again. I was a bit perplexed to say the least but Annette assured me she talked with the company boss who had rehired her after the “job and not worked out”. I did not pursue what happened and felt somewhat conflicted with her coming back as my attendant. Since I'm working through the agency I kind a step back from any ownership of the attended the attendant management. Clearly, Annette was was totally excited to be back helping me. Since, I had Jenna only twice and there were some issues cropping up some that would have to be managed I am more than willing to go back to status quo with Annette with the knowledge that she may or may not be still actively looking for employment elsewhere. I think this experience been somewhat cautionary for her before she jumped ship again. The win-win part for me is that I don't have to train somebody else if I can indeed keep Annette as my home attendant I still have the capability of knowing Jenna is still in the stable of attendant care folks and she might be available if and when I need either backup for when Annette may not be available or when Annette decides to jump ship again and swim for greener oceans.…

No comments: