Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Grim Reminder



The place of I live in, Plymouth View Apartments is a senior living project. Y'all know that. It's not assisted living or long-term care. It's an apartment complex, plain and simple, granted it's for seniors those 62 and older. If you live in here you go take herself are be able to make arrangements for own self-care – – self-care is not one. I'm fine with that actually I was just about five is anything but I needed to find a place to live quickly. So without prelude that should not be a surprise when people hear at the apartment complex kickoff, expire, check out or whatever euphemism one wants to use for die. Therefore it should not be a shock when folks do pass away. Anyway last week to the newer apartment owners “moved on” the quite possibly better housing. Both of these tenants were males. One was a retired ski instructor which I thought was an excellent shape and the other was in morbidly obese fellow who was able to get around under grave difficulty but was still able to meet the living requirements here at the complex. That was a little peculiar at least to me possibly because I am a male that these two folks were males of the species. And statistically I should not be overly shocked but males of the species because of their various histories and because of the hard labor that many males have experienced the bodies are just worn out so again it kind of makes sense. But still a shock. They didn't die here on station there carted off to the big red box died a few days later at the hospital.

This morning I was in the manager's office looking for some fiber tape to reinforce the spine Of the Stephen King novel, paperback, I'm currently reading. So, talk about Stephen King naturally led to discussion of the two latest decedents of our fine establishment. Annie, who is like our on-base social worker, Started talking about DNR's and wherever not these two folks have them on their doors. I of course was confused. I've included a picture but on the back back of the door of everyone's apartment Space is a nice plastic sleeve just perfect to keep reminders for folks who tend to forget. I use mine all the time I keep my past to the senior center across the street (there's a card they want to swipe every time I go in there for the critic keeps a record) I also keep coupons for free coffee across the street at the coffee shop and I keep payment for my housekeeper in this plastic thing that the housekeeper can pick up the cash when she leaves. Today I found out that what that plastic sleeve hanging on my doors for I should have my DNR in their or the document that house my medical needs, pharmaceutical regimens like I said any do not resuscitate orders finally want honored! Holy moly that's grim but I guess makes sense even if I didn't live here in this prelude to the antique shop. It's just that you just hate being reminded all the time that the Grim Reaper is standing by the gate to the apartment complex smoking cigarettes until time to do his job…





No comments: