Friday, July 02, 2021

All Night Long…

 


In our time plan my whole day around the fact that Casey my occupational therapist and his sidekick Allen were going to stop by my apartment around 3 PM and go over the final tweaking of the power chair to make sure it'll meet my needs. I put together a number of questions I wanted to ask regarding problems of having with this chair and how we could resolve those problems. Early in the week that I visited with Casey about the possibility of such a visit he indicated that we could do the meeting if my physician Nathan Allred would authorize an occupational therapy visits. This all has to be done properly are the hospital will not get paid. I don't mean to be crass but fact is fact.


The 10 o'clock I started getting ready for bed. I wanted to get to bed a little early to select and read and enjoy some sack time. But oddly things don't go the way that you want most of the time. Around 1030 or 10:45 I was beginning to make serious bedtime noises. My stomach was also making noises. I really had not eaten much yesterday feeling a little bit stuffed. I did not pay much attention since this morning I would have my home healthcare put me in the shower chair to release in the shower after I had spent my time above the commode. Well, my bowels their own agenda last night was to release them . Before I knew it I was sitting in the mess. At this juncture I was a bit annoyed not to overstressed after all I belong to a home health service. They provide all my bowel care. We talk about having a system that can assist their clients in areas such as this. All you need to do is get the on-call person. Or drilled through the regular phone number and got the recorded messages. Record and I got when I called the on-call person listed was just another phone message saying there are sorry they missed my call but would get back to you shortly please leave your name and number which I did. No one called our so I called again left another message and try not to poop anymore I do us already sitting on a nightmare. Everybody in my house/apartment was basically asleep at this point it's not like there any who could help me anyway. Dianne cannot travel so she can't help me and she's way too sick anyway. I was basically on my own sitting on a pile of poo. I tried not to encourage any more movement on the messes minimal possible because it would have to be cleaned up. I continued to nurse the fantasy that it was all real busy night and that soon someone would call and say they're on the way over. I wonder who influence the probability of such a thing so every 20 minutes or so I would call the phone number for select health which would take my data and then give me some choices of other people to visit with like the head nurse or some other nurses.


There I sat all night long. I was so sleepy I would toy with the idea of just rule over to the bed turning it down the growing into bed and going to sleep. I also knew that whatever was still inside my gut they were waiting for the right time to exit stage left. And I was in the wheeled commode and had the home health person strain of any fecal matter I've gotten on my legs when I pushed the shorts off the spend a lot of time playing scenarios out side of the chair .I knew there might be issues so I kept my tablet and my cell phone close my case I need the contact somebody else i.e. the fire department. Watch the tail end of a movie had been watching an event couple other shows to life only got tired more tired than I already was. It's funny how you watch the clock on stuff like this the clock was very slow 1:30 AM, 2 AM 3 AM. Each hour I would leave a brief message and sure enough at 530 there was a phone call I was dozing that that important time and didn't catch the call or two recognize the phone number. I called the number and sure enough it was what's your name from the agency. She'd gone to bed that night and did not hear the phone call calls at all. She is reassured me things are okay and that she would . The on-call person told me that they would have I written a person come out about 6:30 AM and do my routine. Everything was uneventful after that. It's also operating on very little sleep but somewhere midmorning I began to get a second language is held me for the rest of the day. I'm getting tired again and I'm about ready to hit the sack. But I think my Bell has stabilized I've eaten great qualities of cheese and and burritos I should be okay. If I do worry maybe all taken Imodium before I go to read this then a very long day…

No comments: