Saturday, July 24, 2021

Of Crackers and Clippers

 


Just got back from my Saturday run – – or does that make me sound athletic – – I feel compelled to get out and do something on Saturdays or in letting down the whole independent living movement. I wish I could just slough off the whole day doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that but Saturday! Want to get ready for Sunday and the rest of the week to come. So the trip to the market and more specifically a trip down to the dollar store All A Dollar. I love the store not only because everything costs a dollar but they carry good crackers, snack crackers not like Ritz crackers or saltines but just a good sometimes flavored cracker. Today was not such a good day to crackers that I like best seem to be sold out so I got the back of crackers which are good and nice to have on a Saturday night as I watch movies, read our whatever I do to fill in the time.


I didn't charge my chair last night it was like at 98% charge which makes me believe I'm capable of going anywhere in doing anything this is almost a full charge but boy when I get out and about on the pavement it seems that my battery drained quickly. I was a little worried today but not too much but enough that I cut my shopping expedition short. I had planned to go to Walmart to pick up a block of cheese and look at the haircutting clippers. Since Myla has closed her haircutting business I'm at a loss. The outfit that took over her business is charging $25 a haircut! There is a “Quick Cut” in the same complex of stores that my Macy's grocery stores in. They want to charge $16 for a haircut which still seems to me exorbitant. Maybe I just need to get along with the program and realize that paying barbers a livable wage is everybody's responsibility and I should stop growling and get along with it and be happy to do my part. So, my plan was to possibly purchase hair cutting equipment into the job myself because I'm too cheap to pay the $16. I know this be a struggle. I think I wrote about this briefly yesterday Dianne suggested I do this. Purchase one of those haircutting kits that's got the apparatus to clip on to the clipper that allows you just to run the machine over the whole head of the cuts everything to the same length. I could probably do this to a point I mean after all, I spent all that time shaving my head. Seems to me if I can shave my head and do it acceptable I can run covers over my skull. Then maybe have Mark Anthony or somebody else tidy it up if needs be. Either way I have got to do something my fair is becoming “poofy”you know when the sides of your head starts proofing out because decide here's just going out of control. It's one of those little things you really don't notice of its done but to really notice of it's not done – – that make sense? Anyway, long story short is that I didn't get the Clippers today and I'm just recuperating from the heat on my Saturday outing…

No comments: