Thursday, July 22, 2021

After The Rain

 



Torrential rain! This afternoon we've had torrential rain however brief it is been for the few golden moments the winds blew, rain came down in sheets and there is a continual roar of thunder sadly however, very little lightning. When I check out the Weather Bug it says nearest lightning is 0 miles seek shelter immediately! So I guess that's enough validation that lightning is happening all around. Luckily unable to enjoy the storm from my apartment, I have the door opened to my patio and watching the chaos of the storm play out on the park trees across the way the scene is perfectly marvelous. As storms go in this part of the desert or whatever it is we live in it is not been bad. Even now an hour after the storm began there's still a light sprinkle falling to the earth. Even though the rain fell torrentially I'm sure very little moisture soaked into the to the ground which so desperately needs this summer drink. If the monsoon season, at least that's what the local weather guys have began referring to this short season of possible rainstorms, really pans out it would be a blessing indeed for this area right up there with the crickets from the days of 47. Seems like it's only been last 10 years that I've heard them make reference to having a monsoon season. I kind of like the reference, having a monsoon season makes us sound a little less provincial all things being equal.


I traveled in the heat today for my downtown meeting. I sure appreciate having a great excuse to go downtown on the train of the bus or whatever system I use for transportation. One of the members of the board that I sit on had requested to have the meeting at 2:30 PM on Thursday (today) as opposed to 11 AM on Tuesday. I didn't like to change it first – – I seldom like any change at all – – but I figured what the heck I really didn't have anything else going on and it was kind of fun visiting the office in the midafternoon as opposed to late morning. At this point in the afternoon there was still never an indication of the meteorological chaos which a whip up later on in the day. As exciting as being caught in such a exciting bit of energy I don't think I needed to be drenched today. It's always fun at first but gets old really fast if you're out in the power chair in the middle of electric storm. We just have to wait it out wet or not wet and hope the wiring is will protected from any moisture which might creep in, especially the computer type components. And once you become totally soaked in driving rain gets cold or at least uncomfortable really fast. Fortunately, I made a home will before the storm today I was blessed indeed.


Do I mentioned tomorrow's Pioneer Day to be celebrated as opposed to the day after which is the actual 24th of July and will really be celebrated. As I wandered over to the train station I was amazed to see all the preparation going into filming of the parade which I'm not sure will be tomorrow day after I'm all confused. Cameras are being set up everywhere especially on the tops of buildings in downtown Salt Lake, along the parade route. I guess there's just something about a parade. I admired as much as I could but I kept getting a premonition it's time to go home…

No comments: