Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Sink Problems

 



I didn't have to travel today, Andrea's called and the one individual besides myself who sits on our advisory board is requested that we have the meeting on Thursday rather than Tuesday – – which is all the same to me. However, this member wants to have the meeting at 2:30 PM. It is late in the afternoon on Thursday which is a little bothersome but I went for a couple years later during the book club at exactly that time and it wasn't even downtown but way far south and west. Also, the meeting is in the middle of the summer and may even have the benefit of a late afternoon storm since the weatherman says were in a monsoon season. I don't know how much I believe that in this time of the drought but still the meetings doable. I'd just don't want it to become habitual. I like the 11 AM meeting on Tuesday mornings.


I actually slept through till about 7 AM which is rare especially on meeting days. But I enjoyed by solitude and got dressed enough to patter around the apartment in case anybody shows up – – which I doubt. However, I did leave the kitchen of a bit of a mess yesterday after my cook – a Rama. I was going to dress of a spot of coffee and breakfast then wash the dishes. When I rinsed out my coffee cup I noticed that I splashed myself rather oddly. I got wet all over my lap but I didn't really see the water come up over the front of the sink. I did not pay much attention it was only after I tried to fill the sink and started getting gushes of water on my lap that I backed out to sea water gushing to the floor, which the water should not be doing, looking closer I could see the whole sink basin had become detached from the marble top! There is definite daylight were there should be a seal! Tragic as this is it also means I have a great excuse for not getting the dishes done. I assume I'll be able to get some attention readily to this request. However our front desk person/manager Jennifer has been out for the past couple weeks having had some kind of medical procedure. Traditionally, in the morning there's always a bit of a coffee klatch that meets in her office before they launch onto their daily jobs. But with her gone there is no magnet to bring all the staff together especially the maintenance guy. I did make contact with one of the other cause I staff members covering Jennifer's office while she's gone who has made contact with the maintenance guy Ted. I met with Ted later on in the day when he showed up at my apartment looked at the problem. He was off to find more adhesive to try the glue the sink back together. That really does not sound too promising a fix as I verbalize this. It is now well after going home time and he has not been back. When fixing my dinner tonight I made very careful attempts to keep what water I used in the sink away from where the sink is separated with the countertop. It worked so as long as I sparingly use water and am very judicious I'll be able to get by until Ted can rehang the sink to the countertop. I guess it could be much worse and I am thankful to get them as much as I got done today all things considered…

No comments: