Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Jeepers Creepers Wednesday

 

Creepy weird guy at the bus stop


The only real commitment I had today if you call a commitment was to meet with my wheelchair technician at about 1 PM to see if there's any way I can make the left arm of my power chair function better. I made contact with him yesterday, his name is Allen and so far he's developed a record of coming out to my apartment each time I've called him regarding my power chair issues. It's almost unheard of particularly with my current durable medical provider. I like this guy is naïvely brutal in his assessment and responses to my comments. So, he can get done prior to this time commitment I want to get a shot at and today I was focused on getting a birthday card and cash for my brother's birthday which is coming up on August 5. This is going to entail taking the bus to the college then grabbing another bus out to my credit union then getting back by 1 PM. I was started out about 9:30 AM and figured I had well more than enough time.


One of the few times in our existence together by home health person showed up almost an hour early! I was delighted. Luckily I had been focused and got most of the items alike to have in place done by the time she showed up and we got right to it. Everything slid together like a hand in in a glove. Very little wait time for the bus will wait, the only weird thing that happened was when I was waiting for the number 47 bus I had to share the waiting area with this weird guy. I really don't have any rationale to refer to him as weird except his outward looks in the fact that he either picks up cigarette butts and has a pile in his pocket or is one of those people who smokes a cigarette to a certain level crushes allowed that smokes again later on. He was sitting at the bus stop when I rolled up. We did engage a little bit and shared a few words but I got a real weird vive off the of the guy and decided to not engage in rolled over to some shade wait for the 47 outbound.


There was nothing consequential regarding the bus trip over, wait in line at the mountain America credit Union and making the trip back to the apartment. I guess if there was a good consequence it was everything seemed to work like things were supposed to. I even stopped at the Wendy's in the Macy's parking lot and got a burger which was quite tasty.


Allen the technician was late and that's a good thing. I didn't have anywhere to be so I just hung out at the apartment parking lot in the along after the technician showed up and examine my chair. The bad news is of course they are going to have to bring my chair in for repair I guess the good news is that I at least have my backup chair now to survive in to my other chair gets prepared. The problem is a little double threaded good-sized bowl to the back of my chair that I think I handle through the night and trying to turn and be situated while I sleep. I tried to keep upbeat about the whole thing but had to share less than three weeks and already I'm having to endure major repairs and deprivation of my new elevator chair which to me, is it's saving grace…

No comments: