Thursday, July 29, 2021

1% Milk And The Apocalypse

 



It's a good thing I called I almost did not. Remember last Thursday, the Tuesday morning Assist, Inc. was moved to Thursday afternoon because one of the participants had an issue with 11 o'clock meeting just fine by me. At the conclusion of that meeting we agreed to go ahead and have the next meeting a week later again on Thursday at 2:30 PM. I really didn't care one where the other actually in fact it worked in my favor since the writers Guild was having our luncheon at 1030 that Thursday morning. So everything worked out… Kind. I just had a feeling that I should call in and make sure the meeting was going to be held today a scheduled. I meant to call this morning a little after 8 o'clock just to make sure but got carried away doing other things so later this morning I called and spoke with Andrea's who I could tell by his voice had forgotten all about today's meeting and assured me the meeting would not be held today. This is good. I would not have a problem with going in but it just felt better not to have to be an adult today.


I wish I could say I did great things with the extra time that was gifted to me today but the only thing productive was getting the weeks wash completed. I did go to coffee of course and that was fairly inconsequential poorly attended. I thought about going next door to the market and getting some salad ingredients. I'm threatening another salad binge. The cucumbers I got last week from the food bank have been really good and I've consumed them all the number of salads. Did make it to the market thinking that I can do that on Friday or Saturday. I have ingredients to build some decent red being and black bean salads. I could even jazz them up with pickled beets and even red beans, big plump kidney beans. I have numerous cans of such beings and I really need to start using them as well as cartons of cottage cheese I have piled in refrigerator which need to be used. And salad fare could not necessarily hurt me. I heard those stickers out there… Be nice.


Yesterday was food box day. I've talked about this event before various people at this facility are eligible for USDA boxes of food. We have the food box day once a month usually the last Thursday. People go through their boxes and take out everything they don't want to leave them on the table which ends up migrating to the sharing shelf. Usually each box contains 2 quarts of low-fat milk and sealed cartons. I really like the stuff in fact I scarf it whenever I can get it. The beverage has an excellent shelf life and they end up using all of it at some point through the month breakfast cereal, take my medications with the milk sometimes and even use it for coffee creamer. It's really good stuff if you like milk. Yesterday I noticed they were three boxes of milk on the table in the afternoon when I came back from the bus trip to get my brothers birthday money. I grabbed to the boxes and went on down to the apartment to find two other quarts of milk sitting on my table.! I love it people know me so well they just enter my apartment to leave the milk I'm truly blessed. I hate to think that I'm porting but I noted I have four more such boxes on the floor pantry of like 2 gallons of milk! I do have cereal for a month! The only drawback is that it's like 1% (as the government's way of trying to keep you healthy even against her will) milk. Hey, in the middle of the desert the thirsty man doesn't care of the waters bottled or pumped from a well or even a flask from the goats belly. I'm just thankful to have it stocked might will pantry. Patiently waiting for the famine/apocalypse…

No comments: