Friday, July 30, 2021

Savory Solid

 



It's great to have a day that I don't have to do anything. This week is been very busy for me and it's good to have a day to just sort of catch up on things. Now don't believe I did that for one minute. The dishes studied to be done some sketches still need to be made but I've enjoyed the day just messing around. I got the wash done yesterday of course the closer folder and put away or hung up on their various hangers. The great wind and rain was had during the night not enough rain really to do anything except bring the temperature down which I'm sure I'm the only individual the Salt Lake Valley who misses the heat. I'm sure the heat will be back in a few days as we finish up this monsoon season. I did not even put on shoes today and it felt fine. There is weird weather by weird weather I mean cool and rainy for the next number of days so I felt best to go over to the market importance of provisions. I'm going to build a supply of spicy vegetable juice and pickled jalapeno peppers. These are two mainstays of my diet and I don't want to be without. There is a winter coming.


As I said I made it to the market after I listened to Marketplace© of the try to do every week day. I did a fast dash their effort to be back by 5 PM to watch the 5 o'clock news. Actually, I'm finding that I'm losing my interest in the national news – – it's all the same and so depressing. However, I'm also not all that interested in the 5 PM news anymore except for whether for some reason I like keep that fiction a live. Yesterday, I had a salad I built out of items I had on hand. Pickled beets tomato, cucumber pickled orcucumber slices soaked and white vinegar one of my favorite things. I added a half a can of the pickle beets to the concoction on top the whole thing off with cottage cheese. I would really like to keep this solid thing going. So often I get somewhat excited about the concept and then buy the ingredients which ends up dying in the fridge. I feel better this time around and I think I can pull it off. So in that vein I saddled up, as indicated earlier, and went to the market focusing specifically on the fresh vegetables. I got broccoli crowns, you know a regular head of broccoli chopped up into convenient package. Three more good-sized cucumbers and I struggled for five minutes trying to figure out if I really wanted to deal with celery are not. I love to have celery on hand but the last three or four stocks has turned a rubber than garbage. I'm not ready to do that again right now. Possibly, spend a little extra money and just purchase a bag of celery hearts perhaps that would motivate me to use more celery in my cooking as I once did.


I surprised myself at 5 PM I refreshed the salve that may last night with the cucumber parts and I even skimmed a boiled egg to include with the salad turned out pretty decent I am quite surprised. Best part nothing to really put away and maybe I can build another salad tomorrow. I do have a chicken breast left over that needs to be used quickly and maybe that's just enough for a Saturday salad…

No comments: