Sunday, July 25, 2021

Breakfast, Laundry and the Summer Heat

 



I'm currently reading Farewell To Arms by Hemingway. I'm amazed at how well these guys write and why they are the Giants literature they are but what I'm saying is that what I heard last night a thunder of celebration even with lights illuminating the sky, the smoky sky, the night sounded like a chapter out of the current volume I reading. I don't know the mortars were over in the park are just some neighbors to us here at the apartment complex who journeyed to Evanston (where everybody goes through serious about obtaining illegal but incredible fireworks) but what ever they were the noise was incredible huge thunderous explosions, one after another, lifting up beautiful bags of compressed powder to paint the smoke drenched skies with Taylorsville.


This morning however all was calm and life goes on. Mark Anthony had texted last night about meeting up and doing our usual Sunday morning trip to the restaurant. I was up early, actually way early, I couldn't sleep for one reason or another rising finally at six make sure I would be ready by the time to meet up over at restaurant. I'm always surprised at how much I'm still able to do for myself. I'm glad it's as gradual as it seems to be certainly let's the pain of losing one's independence a bit more durable. Once again it was the three of us, Mark Anthony, Jasmine and myself. We have become quite the trilogy it's really fun getting to know the granddaughter like I am. It's so good be passed that point you have to ask a gazillion questions as to the status what's going on at all that and just inquire about what's going on with the boyfriend, work and the forthcoming senior year at the high school. So many things to keep a young person busy she is also working extremely hard at the little restaurant she works at. Of course, like all individuals wanted to work at this point in time, she has maximum hours as the organization starved for employees works to speed their clientele. She's got all the hours she wants and is spending her time trying to find coverage for her next week super getaway down to St. George and the like in that area. Hope she finds water the drought seems to be affecting everything. Which is bound and determined to find the courage and get her compact summer vacation in before returning to school. Mark Anthony did not bring his electric scooter this time so we did not do any zoomer rounds which is okay with me. I was able to get back to the apartment. As I do so I pass this laundromat. I'm always surprised to see people on Sunday mornings unpacking huge black bags and plastic close containers out of their vehicles and dragging them into this laundromat. I'm so thankful that I'm no longer have to do that dance. Granted, I'm still sitting a washer and dryer in our little mini laundry but that's okay I'm more than happy to roll down to the laundry a couple days the week summer and winter good weather and bad and not have to drag giant black bags (like I once did) to the professional coin-op. So many lost Saturday's so long ago makes me thankful every time I pass this joint.


I wish I had more to say but this Sunday as I start the hottest part of summer enjoying every minute…

No comments: