Saturday, July 17, 2021

Kneecap Job

 




Maybe it's because I'm old I don't know but I'm using today to recuperate from yesterday's track over to Joe's Crab Shack and back.. A hot day with a lot of rolling took its toll on my butt. Don't get me wrong I totally enjoyed the outing and will be doing it again shortly. But, I have no need really to go anywhere significant so I'm just laying low and enjoying the apartment and possibly some cooking. Couple of weeks ago I got a whole bag of frozen chicken breasts from the food bank and I've been meaning to find a way to use them. Looking inside my pantry a couple days ago I noticed got everything I need for green sauce enchiladas. So, I spent the afternoon or evening cooking the chicken breasts to appoint a shred ability and I just shredded enough for enchiladas. Good try to put the whole thing together tonight but I've run out of time and energy. So I mixed the basic ingredients up shredded chicken, two cans a green chilies and the shredded cheese and put them in the refrigerator to meld overnight. I still have chicken breasts to put away or freeze for another point in time but I feel somewhat accomplished for the day's work and I've been talking about the fact that I washed clothes and I still have to put them away. Have not heard from Mark Anthony at this point as to whether or not we'll be going to breakfast tomorrow. I swear to make sure I had outfits to choose from.


Remember yesterday's post about the bleeding me Incident? About how nurse Tyler fixed up the knee along with putting a new dressing on my butt? Well oddly enough last night once again as I rolled under my sink to do my evening meds I misjudged the distance from my need to the edge and totally trashed the fine work Tyler done earlier in the morning and pulled most of the dressing off. Last Night I was so frustrated I just put the dressing back in place as best I could and tumbled into bed. I figured I would deal with the wound in the morning. Yesterday Tyler confided in me that you'd be working today so I knew he was in the area. I felt a little skittish about asking him to come over and put another dressing on. I really didn't want him to think I was becoming a problem child and call him him every chance that I got. I was still hoping that maybe he would drop over. So I took some images of the kneecap exposed by the run-in with the sink and asked him if I could just get a dressing I would put it on myself – – thinking all along he would cave in and do it. And sure enough I got the immediate feeling of red flags going up and he sort of back away indicating that if I were to go through the box of materials he uses when he dresses my wounds he will find some of the little dressings that he used on the knee. I'd only look to the box but didn't see what he was talking about until I looked closer and sure enough there were the smaller coverings. It didn't take long for me to botch up the Band-Aid job but I did get enough to keep it on in place about 75% and I used one other Band-Aid to seal the deal. It's not a pretty job, not even close to what Tyler could do, but are certainly enough to get me through the next couple of days sometimes that's all A person needs….

No comments: