Monday, July 19, 2021

Today I Cooked!

 



Kind of weird, not weird, bad so I guess weird good. I don't know what I was expecting just a great day with possible rain and thunderstorms toward the end. So far spent exactly that good news from my nurse who indicates that my wound is merely totally healed. He should not have come back after Friday. I'm just worried that without Tyler's intervention can I keep the wound coming back? But be that as it may I didn't have anything planned for the day except of course finishing my project that I started on Saturday of the enchiladas. Yesterday I was just too exhausted for one reason or another and I left the concoction of chicken, green chilies and cheeses wrapped up quite cooled in the refrigerator. I was astounded how quickly and easily the rolling of the tortillas happened. A couple spoons of filling role and placed in the pan. The only thing I did which I felt might have been over the top was pouring a whole can of enchilada sauce into the rolled up enchiladas. There wasn't a regular size can it was pretty large. I didn't worry too much sense I got the From “the sharing shelf” so wasn't like I was out any funding of any kind. Just the time to putting the stuff together . But even jazzed up the outfit by adding a can of olives uncalled for the recipe for great in the done project.


My biggest challenge of this kind of stuff is getting the glass pan of whatever from the table or counter top into the hot oven. The stress of retrieving the finished product is a lot less sense, if I want, I can leave my product in the oven until it cools to the point where I can physically handle the product and this is what I did today. The enchiladas were finally finished the 20 minute cook a little afternoon so I was going to The meal as my lunch which I did. I had Dianne online watching me mess with my creation. I don't know what I was expecting but my tray of enchiladas did not look like the enchiladas on the Internet but I knew they were there underneath all the sauce. I was delighted when I finally took the first bite of my green chili sauce enchiladas. I was a little worried that I had matched the chicken into oblivion but the pieces came through in the end I could want anything more actually. Well maybe I could use less sauce and more cheese. I didn't get the pepper Jack like I should of things that would really added to the flavor as well. But I'm happy with my efforts in both pleased to have enough of the filling left over to do another smaller batch at another point in time. I I put the filler flick in the freezer and froze it full up. I was so pleased with myself but after I pulled the enchiladas out and then realizing before bananas in the fruit bowl had gone way around the corner and need to be used desperately or thrown out so following the enchilada lunch I launched into making banana bread and that is a story for another day…

No comments: