Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Tippecanoe and Tyler Too

 

My buddy, Tyler


What's really frustrating is that quality never seems to last. Maybe I've got it all wrong but that's how it seems to me. And I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself but I just want to find good quality help. Right now I'm so lucky to have a great wound care supervisor as well as a wound care nurse who is fantastic and this is really what today's posting is about.


I really first noticed this quality thing after I first moved in the apartment complex and realize that my minimal housekeeping skills were not enough to keep my apartment enjoyable to me and acceptable to others. I contacted the manager here at the apartment complex, Jennifer, and just so happened that one of her best friends did housecleaning and hooked us up. The housekeepers name was also Jennifer and she was great. The apartment literally hummed when I came home after Jennifer cleaned. She worked for about three months before the world crashed and she stopped cleaning to be a full-time mom and wife. I've had a couple other housekeepers since but none as good as the first Jennifer. It's the quality thing.


It's like he always are just getting tantalized by something. You really like it, a lot, regardless of what it might be and then the last minutes or what have you it's ripped away from you. This kind a like that with my butt wounds. Actually, it was the Burns I got on my leg for five months ago which really got me into wound care which has been fabulous. Having access to wound care just greatly relieved stress that I've been going through about what was going to happen to me if and when my skin finally broke down. That's where I met the supervisor of this area of support as well as Tyler the RN whose action by one care guy. Tyler is one of those guys with everybody's friend. Tyler is focused and he is professional but the same time he also has a personality and is fun to be around at least as far as I am concerned. During the wound care for the burn he was just there fun and dedicated,and had this great positive attitude. I healed fast. So in the skin started breaking down on my butt a couple weeks ago, remember how I'm pleased I was with the new power chair and particularly the cushioned. I think the cushion caused the skin breakdown so I finagled wound care. It took me a bit of sorting out that I finally got the supervisor to come out and look at the issue and she was great she put on oh dressing and then is having Tyler follow-up. Until the wounds are healed I'm having wound care three times a week Monday Wednesday and Friday. Tyler was here yesterday and put a smaller dressing on than usual but I am so mobile that I tore the dressing of during the night and text of Tim's morning about if I was at risk. He said I wasn't even though it was uncomfortable sitting on this wound I decide to go through with my day and was totally surprised when I hear a knock on the door and it's Tyler here to put addressing on my wound which he did! And I was off on my day for a full day of pain-free driving my power chair. We a long conversation and sadly in the conversation Tyler revealed that he's taken another job in southern Utah in the St. George area and will be transitioning out of this area in August. Sigh only a friendly guy gone but a real wound care professional who knows what is doing. It's okay, I'll get by and I get some kind of wound care person but I'm afraid that person will not have the skills that Tyler has and so it goes…

No comments: