Saturday, July 10, 2021

Fadeaway

 


I woke up this morning and had a senior moment. For some reason hour before I finally woke I somehow had become convinced that the day was Tuesday. It didn't feel like a Tuesday morning but in my head I knew it had to be Tuesday. For some reason I did not feel prepared for Tuesday I'm wrestling with this question of do we meet for Assist or do we not. I think I heard the fault line say we would be meeting. But I have to admit I was confused there is also a part of my mind telling me are reminded me that when I listen to my show yesterday on the radio Marketplace I distinctly remembered the show's host wishing the people he interviewed a good weekend. Finally, I rolled over looked at the clock which indicated the days date and Saturday. It was Saturday the weekend. Then I was a little spooked realizing the confusion I had an wondering if it was directly related to my age or who knows what else.


Recently, Dianne, in whatever searches of the Internet came up with a couple of videos by the Violent Femmes one of our favorite bands from the old days. In fact, I don't remember if it was when we were kind of dating or after we were married that we actually took an show at our favorite bar called the BAR AND GRILL where the Violent Femmes and another band which played some Ska entertained us. To be honest with you at the beginning of our conversation I did not remember the incident at all. It was only after agreeing with this and that which Dianne remembered that I begin to get a glimmer of memory and honestly more and more has come back as I thought about the eventso I took a big sigh of relief thankful that the memories are still there even if I'm not totally connected with them. I have to admit it makes you wonder if and when I'm going to get the scourge of the brain purge the visit Mr. Alzheimer and company. Coincidentally, we, Dianne and myself, found out the other day that a friend of ours had come down with some kind of brain disease, similar to Alzheimer's, and had totally transformed this person. Her name was Sherry, was a total company head for the organization she worked for. She was extremely nice and professional. A while ago she had retired from the company that started some sort of disease process then suddenly dropped off the grid. We weren't terribly close so we didn't really find that too strange. But it seems she totally lost her memory then became a totally different person acting out, constant anger to the point where she's been isolated to a lockdown facility somewhere in the Midwest. The Sherry we knew is gone. No husband, no kids just a person lost to some form of violent aging. I don't think I'm going to go that route. I hope I don't. If in fact I do become victim of one of these disease processes a hope I slowly and peacefully fade away. I guess I'm kind of selfish and the fact that I'd be glad that I would be losing cognizance of everything around me and possibly everything happening to me and maybe I would just have a short ride down the happy trails to Nirvana…

No comments: