Wednesday, July 14, 2021

B B P – – Big Boy Pants

 


DRAC symbol


There is a knock at my door kind of early right after my wound care nurse of left so I figure Billie , my neighbor across the hall, must've seen him leave. Her knock on the door and she was to know if I was up for lunch. Sadly I had to inform her that today was the day I will be taking part in interviews for a documentary regard to private nonprofit here the community that I've been associated with one where the other for the past 40 some years. She said no problem next Wednesday and I kind of scratch by head , why Wednesday? It was only later on as I traveled to the city on the train that I realized it's “free pie Wednesday” the pie campaign being run by Village in that lets you have a free piece of pie when you order a meal all day Wednesday. So tucked it in the back of my mind next Wednesday, free pie Wednesday with Billie for sure.


My silly ego being so fragile that I was really quite excited about taking part in this documentary project. As you all know I delight in talking about myself probably more than is healthy to. I guess a grant had been written and there is enough money granted to allow X amount of people one hour shot at letting them ramble on loosely controlled about their experiences with the's Disabled Rights

Action Committee or DRA C. I was more than willing to take my hour and on top of that to be awarded $25 as a stipend!


I've been contacted by the Executive Director of the organization, one of the very first E D s, I was a bit taken aback because she'd been in the position two years and I hadn't really been aware of the dead not met her yet and in her defense she said that the Covid crisis could cause a lot of things to be different though they probably would've been and who might argue with that? Remember this place called Trolley Square a downtown mall that had been manufactured from the old-timetrolley Barnes in Salt Lake City. The great place I love hanging out there. The mall is kind of hotsy totsy but I love the place has great memories.The studio is there, a real-life film studio with real professional film technicians. We talked and started the interview I can't say that went quickly by talked and talked and talked my brains out. The little spooked because I don't know how other people in the community will respond to what I said but I said things how I remember it. What is said is nothing I like better than talking about myself. I'll be interested to see how my comments are used or if there are used in this documentary. DRAC is becoming all grown up which is good on some level and that of others. DRAC is a direct confrontation organization they have to be ugly and have to be in your face they have to be able to get the job done I don't know the B of the do that wearing professional big boy pants…

No comments: