Monday, July 05, 2021

Pressures Soars and Heat Domes


I was kind of pleased this morning when I got up I don't know if it was my imagination or the fact that I have greatly increased my frequency of utilizing my cream and bag balm. I'm not trying to minimize the issue that I've got some ugly looking abrasions/possible decubitus. I don't want everyone to get the impression that I'm letting this wound take over my life but maybe that is the case… Kind of.


I was not sure how I was going to bring this up to my home health professional, Melanie but I think I'd needed to. After all, the home health person is kind of the first line of defense. If there is skin breakdown going on they should be telling you. I brought it up to Melanie this morning first thing once we're in the bathroom and begins she acted like she did know what I was talking about. I was of the sling and had the pointer to where this skin breakdown seems to be happening. She clearly doesn't know how to combat such an issue – – I think. I sort of got the same weird reception when I asked her to put on some “second skin” that Dianne and I have developed over the years. It's been fairly significant to us as far as being able to at least control skin problems on the rear end. I tried to talking only through the process that she never really did get it right. I don't know if she couldn't get it right or she chose not to get it right because it might be more work. Melanie does not seem to strike me as someone who doesn't want to work hard because she does work hard I see it all the time. But after the event of trying to put the second skin on ice or realize she's not going to be anything like that. She, indicated that she had been aware of the wound (remember, I was asking her takes images of the last week and she kept telling me that there is nothing wrong. There's nothing to see). I'm really sort of confused on what to do next. Some folks are telling me I need to contact Joe the owner of the company and report her nonreporting of a possible issue. I hesitate for number three I just don't want to be the creep even though the stuff has to do with me. I also don't want to get this person into any more problems than she already has and she already has a dump truck load of problems. Dianne is will the only people I know who really understanding catch and get the second skin concept. Dianne is even willing to train either Mark Anthony or my older brother Carl in the process so they could assist in minimizing the effects of skin breakdown. And actually what I'm really doing is holding off until I can contact the IHC wound clinic . I was so impressed with the work they did for my burns that if they are just as effective and forthright with butt wounds this could be my answer to healing up these wounds and hopefully some long term positive butt therapy.


It's 5 July, the observed Fourth of July, I didn't do much just worked on the kid letters. I got them all done more or less. Turns out that I only had stamps for half of them which I got them posted no tomorrow I will have to get more stamps and finish. I still need to write mom Hughes a letter and get ready for another heat wave as it looks like a dome is moving in over this area. I just got keep telling myself “I'd love the heat” and it's true I do…

No comments: