Friday, July 16, 2021

Perpetual Wound Care

 



It's kind of funny I've never gotten used to see in my blood where it's not supposed to be like on the outside of my body. I like to keep my blood on the inside as much as I can. Having a harder time doing it these days for one reason or another. Like I said when all the sudden I see red stuff on my hands and I'm not sure where it came from the county gets spooked. That happened to me this morning as I was getting ready for my home health person to show up. I have this ritual that I go through the bathroom the layout everything I can think of that she'll need to perform her morning services when she's here. I also shave and basically get ready for my shower. Well, today as I was going to my routine I noticed quite a bit of blood on my hand and it was dried. It had smeared and then dried before I noticed. I was bleeding somewhere and I didn't know and I hate that.


It did not take long to reveal that this wound on my kneecap which I've had for a number of days has gotten a larger larger scab as I would cause the scab to bleed a little bit when I would scrape it going under the sink either in the kitchen are the bathroom it would bleed a little bit just adding on another layer of dried blood! Today, I had the wet washcloth on the scab not knowing it was loosening the previous gaps and soon it look like a major bleed – – which it wasn't but even a little blood looks like a major bleed when it's yours. I wasn't too worried even if it was a significant wound Tyler would be here in a few minutes (half an hour or so). I just called him to let him know that I was finished with my morning routine and he could come over and apply the new dressing to my hip wound. I did not tell him about the knee wound figured I would just bring him when he showed up.


I got dressed as much as I could before Tyler showed up. This way it makes me feel that he won't think I'm just waiting on him to finish dressing me after the shower. I have had earlier home health people actually do that for me. Dress me after I've dried off of the shower which is really nice three times a week getting the business dressed from top to bottom even shoes. This new home health person doesn't do that and I don't push the envelope I should but I don't. Tyler was impressed with the amount of blood sitting on my kneecap. Tyler immediately jumped in with cleaning solutions and other materials for dressing such a wound and actually putting on a nice dressing I felt bad this evening when not judging the distance under the sink in the bathroom that I tore the dressing clean off. I really do worry myself. So I'll try to clean it off a little bit before I hit the sack tonight and try to put on one of the other Band-Aids I have taken around here which is not as nice as the dressing Tyler used which should give me by the weekend until Monday when he scheduled to be here again doing what is becoming to be perpetual wound care…

No comments: