Saturday, April 27, 2024

Coffee shop dreams

 I just got back from the coffee shop. It's raining today so I got rained on not necessarily soaked but uncomfortably damp. I go to the coffee shops on Saturday mornings just to keep myself in shape as far as going out on Saturday mornings and trying to be social at least trying to look social and probably more important than that having something to tell my peers on Sunday or Monday that I actually did something this weekend rather than staying the apartment and just watch killing Eve or some other Netflix offering. I've been going to this place for a couple of years and it's interesting I still have a fairly high level of invisibility at this joint even though I've been going here for so long. And again that's not entirely true because the staff have gotten to know me pretty well in fact this morning when I went in I found my table and before I could go up and get in line to get my coffee one of the servers came over with packs of pink death wanted to know if I wanted regular roast or French roast. She should know I always get French roast but it was nice that she came over and basically got me the whole shooting match and brought it to my table without me ever having to go interface with the long line of other folks trying to get their morning or Saturday morning coffee fix. I don't know how I feel really about her special service to me but it's nice however I would not mind sitting in line on the pretext that I might want to Interchange vocally verbally was someone else who's in line. It's these little moments in life that sometimes the best parts of life happen especially when you're not even thinking about it. I guess I could have said something but that would have blemished the good works of the server who wanted to save me the problem of being in line at the coffee shop.


I can usually find a table when I'm at the coffee shop and I just sit there and drink my coffee look around and try to listen to the conversations going on around me at the other tables nearby. It's pretty fascinating there's this one long table actually a number of smaller tables pushed together to make one long table and it's the same group of people that sit around this table every single week and they all seem to be quite enamored with each other and there's quite a bit of personalities intermixed at this table it's really sort of interesting to listen to and watch. They all know me pretty well now and smile at me and say hi when I come in and get to my table they never asked me to sit with them or whatever and I don't think I would if they did but still it would be nice to be somewhat visible. We're all little units in our various little universes around various little tables at the coffee shop. That one time I had a mini Universe here with two people who sat at the same table with me we showed up every week but I guess it didn't be supportive enough because the other two dropped out saying it was too early or they were so much bored with just sitting at the table every week. I didn't internalize this I just accepted that face value and plan to keep coming and sitting at my table every Saturday morning and listen to the voices and pick up great lines to use in story writing.

No comments: