Thursday, April 11, 2024

Dandelion signs

 




It's been a long day I'll be the first one to admit that for some reason I was awake at 5:00 a.m. this morning couldn't get back to sleep and I probably shouldn't because today is a 9:30 a.m. day with coffee social so I'm always want to make sure I'm up on Thursday mornings so I'm not late for social. But come on 5:00 a.m. and I think I was awake a little bit before that even. I was kind of excited for the day however they had indicated it was going to be warm and that's what I've been looking forward to for months now. The coffee social is relatively uneventful. Just a few of the people that are usually there we're there but a lot of people didn't come don't know what's going on something seems to be happening around here on a social level I'm not sure what though. Anyway, my glasses have been driving me crazy ever since I rolled over him last week and really sprained the temple out so my goal today was to settle up head into the city go to Costco where they have a pretty significant eyeglass place and see if the one of the people there can bend my frames back into some form of wearability. And they did amazingly. I think I scared the little person to death she wasn't sure if she could tackle the job and not break my frames further but she did a great job and been holding together really good the rest of the day. But what really made my day probably more than anything else because I was heading out for the bus inbound and all the sudden I was captured by all the yellow on the lawn and sure enough it was an inundation of dandelions, the poor man's flower the flower that grows anywhere it seems like especially loves the spring. I actually love the yellow color that it gave everything. I went a little crazy taking images because I couldn't really see the image through the viewfinder because it was so light outside so I just shot from the hip so to speak. And the flowers came out pretty decent after all they're basically weeds but they're beautiful weeds and I've always appreciated the yellow Bears of spring.


One of my favorite pieces of software that I have on my cell phone is the app that ties into the UTA bus line that let you know exactly where their buses are at or when they're going to be at a particular bus stop. I can use this to ascertain when the buses will be inbound at my stop by the park that takes me right into Costco area. Trouble is I have to use the sidewalk to get to the bus stop it's difficult to do when they stick these giant signs right in the middle of the sidewalk then I've got to figure out how to get around them in time and still get to the bus stop in time and not miss my bus. Today was an easy go around but other days aren't as easy I think I was just happy to be out and enjoying the sunshine….

No comments: