Monday, April 22, 2024

UPS the mess

 My x, as my faithful reader knows is now living in Arizona and I think she's doing pretty good actually I'm quite proud of her being able to pick up and just move out of state and survive out in hot town Arizona. I do worry about her a lot but she seems to be doing okay which is okay by me. For one reason or another she has lost the use of her laptop and she does a lot of writing and she does a lot of searching and she really needs to have something like a laptop to do what she does as well as she does. She's been trying to get by with just her cell phone surfing the internet and communicating and all that stuff. Couple months ago my son indicated that where he worked they were getting new computers or laptops and the staff had first dibs on the old machines which are good but just not fancy Dancy brand new and the agency tries to keep these people in first class shape with the best systems they can get a hold of. My son got me one and it was pretty good but since I tend to use dictation for most of my riding I really don't use the keyboard that much. I ran over my laptop- - as I run over everything that I own it seems like at one point or another - - and broke the screen or lid of the machine. So since I don't use it that much I just pretty much stuck at in one of my shelves and kind of forgot about it until Diane was talking about needing something. I was more than happy to volunteer my laptop broken as it might be. I think if I remember correctly the machine works just fine it's just the screen that's sort of messed up and Diane has a backup screen that she could actually plug into the machine and be able to do her work I hope so anyway I decided rather than him and her around shipping the machine I decided I would just go ahead and do it this morning. Just up the street from my apartment is a UPS shipping office and that's what I did this morning. I rolled up there with the machine in a bag that I got somewhere and had the lady help me out with finding the right box and then typing up a label to ship the machine to Arizona. The thing cost about 30 bucks for the project and that's okay. I really hope this machine will help Diane do what she wants to do and will help me get another item that I don't use out of my apartment before I destroy it entirely.


Today was beautiful, finally, temperature in the 70s enough Sunshine that I could sit out in the sunshine and read and doze a little bit after I got my major project of the day completed. I even cooked dinner tonight which I really do anymore it seems but I cooked up the four Burgers I purchased this weekend and had the last of a potato and cheese casserole my neighbor brought over for me yesterday it was enough for a decent dinner. I should have had something green but that was too far out of my comfort zone. I mean I actually do have some broccoli in the freezer/ fridge I need to use. But it was a good day for shipping

No comments: