Saturday, April 13, 2024

Hanging around

 



I hope I'm not sounding like too big of a boob but my wrist my left wrist is just now beginning to heal from trauma from last week I guess I gave it from using my trapeze above my bed to lift myself up in the mornings or move around in bed at night if I need to move around. Since I have any hand function to speak of I have to use my wrist bent over the bar on the trapeze to pull myself up and somehow I think I damaged my wrist and stuff because resulted in a lot of pain this last week. Of course I'm trying to favor the wrist as much as I can but it's the only functioning piece of body part that I have to get me out of bed in the morning and swing into bed at night. Actually I could do the old roll into bad thing that I used to do without the trapeze but I tend to use the trapeze just because it's there. This is almost frightening when I sit and think about it too much because if I look to lose my left side that would be it for me I don't know how I could continue being independent at all if I were to lose my good arm and wrist. I'm thinking however that I could replace the steel trapeze with a wide Loop, cloth Loop of some sort, this would mitigate the strain on my wrist I think but still allow me to lift myself up and maneuver myself around with the overhang over the bed. Hopefully, I'll continue to heal my wrist in lower arm in the next couple of days and I'll be back to the old self and just be very careful not to overuse that risk again. I'm pretty sure this has happened before and I've gone through this before but I can't rightly remember right off. I will try to make contact with my pt/ot in the next couple weeks to see if I can get a loop like I'm talking about I think it would be a wise move on my part regarding the longevity of my Independence.


The high point of my day was going to my credit union to close out my account and open up a new one because of the tricksters who got in a hold of my account information. I was told that I could come down today after 10:00 and then be able to go ahead and close the account and issue me my new cards of course that didn't happen. There was a huge line when I got there, at the credit union, and when I finally did get to a person to help me she really didn't know what she was doing and I think we pretty much closed out the account but she was unable to give him my new cards today and said I'd have to come back on Monday which I think is going to be rainy and very challenging but we'll have to see I've been there like three times this week and that's no easy trip to do with the buses. It's quite frustrating but I should have it finished soon hopefully. I may wait until Tuesday to go over to the credit union and finish the job. Or maybe hit the Credit Union downtown Salt Lake that I go to when I do my work at assist ink…

No comments: