Friday, April 05, 2024

Friday night fidgets

 Another good day to stay in and just enjoy the apartment. I did not get much sleep last night mainly because Melissa said she was coming in today at 6:30 a.m. and I just wanted to make sure the coffee was ready and everything was ready to go at that time of course she didn't show up till about half an hour later but the coffee was made and we are ready to get on with the show. Everything went pretty straightforward shirt and shoes and ready to go and not really anywhere to go to. I didn't necessarily want to spend any money today that I didn't have to. So I just figured way to stick around the apartment enjoy whatever was on Disney Channel Plus and work on some of my sticks that need rubber on the ends for friction. So I certainly gave the illusion of doing some kind of work after all I had to cut some pieces of plastic material that I used to rubber band the end of the sticks for the ability to push things on and off and to keep the stick from Rolling off the bed or sliding off the bed. The end, the non-slip end, also assists in keeping my foot on the stick as I use the item to pry my foot up over the other leg so I can get my shorts on and my shoes. I go for a period of time with all of my sticks banded and ready to go then all the sudden I lose all the plastic ends and have to start over again it seems it takes me forever to get to that point today was the point where I was able to work a couple of pieces of plastic on the end of sticks that will help out for a while. The main goal is also get some more sticks to increase my hooks as well as just stick sticks or dressing sticks.


I'm trying to train myself from not going to the market everyday just for socialization. I could buy something everyday that I felt that I needed if not for that day for the coming weekend or something. Today I would like to have gotten a couple bags of chips another bottle of orange juice for my weekend. I have a bottle of orange juice to get me through I believe and I do have a can of chips- they are definitely not my favorites- - that should do. Luckily the weather seemed a little inclement enough that I did not suit up and go across the street. I believe I have enough cash to get through the weekend and do whatever else I might need or want to do. Of course, the weather is taking a dive temperature wise and there's even snow called for the next couple days even here on the valley floor. This of course is more on us for me to stay inside except for I suppose I can pull my red jacket out of the closet if I have to make a market run. After all it's only going to get to the 40s maybe the upper 30s and I survived winter at much cooler temperatures. Who knows I might suit up for orange juice and other bits of fresh fruit just to get by. Of course tomorrow Saturday and I'm thinking of going across the street for coffee at 9:30 I don't know if my Compadres will join me we'll have to see…..

No comments: