Wednesday, April 10, 2024

To Market to Market

 Already it's Wednesday that means tomorrow, Thursday is Coffee Day and then Friday is on us and what's another weekend? Time is going so fast that I'm forced to sound like an old fart always mentioning the speed of time and how little time is left for someone such as I. Still hopefully I have a few good days left. I've done something to my left wrist this is the wrist that continually pulls me up to the sitting position for when I'm leaning over to my right side my weak side. Somehow I've done something to the wrist portion that I have to spend some time rehabbing it now back to some sort of usability. Scary thing is that when you're a quadriplegic like myself or a partial quad or whatever you want to call me losing one of your extremities like that can be almost lethal since you rely so much on my arms to keep me going. Hopefully a good night rest and showing the wrist some favor in the coming days will heal it up like a sprain. I look for my painkillers today I couldn't find them they're not really paying Kellers they're just my bottle of those items just bigger than an aspirin I can't recall the name of them right off. Maybe I'll look for them a little bit more before I go to bed tonight cuz I know I had them just last month or so. I'm having to rely on them more and more I've noticed of late. I just seem to be getting more and more sore all the time.


I actually made it to the market for the first time this week spit and more than I wanted to everything is getting so high it's almost spooky. Just for a few items it cost me $36 and a large portion of that was the green grapes. I did buy bananas as well so I have two pieces of fruit. But still I'm sure the grapes are like 10 or 12 dollars cuz a 395 a pound and I'm sure I got 3 lbs worth at least. But that's the price of doing business right now and I'm glad that I can afford it. I don't know what I would do if I were living just hand to mouth. Interesting however I did visit with my neighbor, carol, who is hemiplegic walking ability though and she's just been awarded something like 70 hours of Home Health Aide for a month that's really pretty decent but she's on Medicaid and I still think that's a very high price to pay for daily Medicaid assistance. I'm still not at that point thank goodness I can still function. Melissa had to put a patch on my butt this morning which made getting around today a little bit easier especially the trip over to the market. I need to be careful not abuse the second skin. The days light is now stretching significant. Still pretty dark in the mornings when I wake up around 6:00 a.m. but it's certainly getting dark later and later. It won't be long the seasons change…..

No comments: