Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Tuesday's tidings

 I almost turfed it again this morning on my transfer to my chair. I'm really not sure what I did wrong cuz I thought that I placed the foot pedals up high enough that my feet wouldn't slip off I am having some issues with the covering on the foot plate actually there's no covering it gets all bunched up towards the back and then it's just the hard slick surface of the foot box giving my feet nothing to Klingon to and slide off. This morning I pulled the rabbit out of the Hat by being able to touch the controls of my power chair and tilt my chair back and scoot back into my chair. It took a long time to do this it was still just by luck that I was able to pull it off. And of course last night when I went to bed I forgot to put my cell phone next to my bed so if I slid out of my chair I would not have been able to contact the fire department around whoever else I might be able to use to pick me up and get me going again. I'm trying not to focus on this Behavior but just seems like I'm getting less able to do the transfers. The other half of my body says give yourself time you'll get back into the form but I don't know when do you have to start making the hard decisions? I suppose I could delay the whole concept if I already get my chair in and get the foot box worked on maybe so it would catch my feet the way it's supposed to so if I continue to work on the right equipment despite keep me that much more independent. This kind of brings up the question I have to deal with Marc Anthony who's been actually really sweet and offering to going to the house rental with him. I just don't know this kind of freaks me out to think about but maybe it is the answer for extended Independence with assist. Lots of questions to wrestle with I'm just thankful I have them cuz it could be a whole lot worse and I'm really thankful to be where I'm at at this point in my life no matter what the situation is I've been really fortunate but that's enough syrup for tonight..

No comments: