Sunday, April 14, 2024

Savoring Sunday

I woke pretty early this morning wanted to be sure that I was dressed and ready to go by 7:45 so I can make my 8:00 a.m. breakfast with the kids. I ended up waking up around 3:45 and not really getting back to sleep and finally getting myself up at 6:45 so I had roughly have 2 hours to get ready for my morning breakfast at the restaurant. I lost about 20 minutes getting up because I inadvertently last night as I backed my power chair next to my bed to roll into the mattress or onto the mattress I inadvertently ran over the cord to the pendant that runs the electric bed, the one with the buttons on it the device that lowers raises it sits me up in bed raises my legs. For one I didn't want to run over the Box and wreck the control box even though I know I have another backup control box in my drawers out front in the front of that apartment as well as I didn't want to unplug the unit from the bed itself which would make the bed non-functional until I can get somebody to Monkey into the bed and replug the control box back in. That of course has happened more than once since I've had this bad and it's a pretty frustrating event. What I finally had to do was get myself situated so I can make the rollover into the chair and then drop the control box itself so it hit the floor flat which flattened the cord itself and then carefully, slowly oh so slowly, Advance the chair forward rolling over the cord. I couldn't do this while the control box was hanging off the hook that I generally use because it raised the cord up off the floor right in the path of the wheels of the chair. This was a total Act of Faith that once I drop the control box it would hit the floor and lay flat and paid off because that's exactly what happened I slowly inched forward and soon I was totally off the cord and it was behind me lying harmlessly on the floor and I was free to roam around the apartment. Normally I'm not this cautious and I've destroyed so much over the years by not having the patience to work something out. Needless to say I lost 20 minutes but made it up dressing and luckily I was the first one there so I was able to secure the table and have a cup of coffee and wait for the kids to arrive.


It's cloudy and overcast now at this Lake Point on Sunday evening. The storms rolled in it'll be cold and wet tomorrow and so I plan not to do anything until Tuesday when it will still be cool but the rain will have moved on. The basketball team I've been following all year, the first time I've ever done such a thing, Utah Jazz lost again this afternoon. I was quite frustrated for a while till I realized they were breaking in a bunch of new players and this is how you do it. I'm not used to losing so many games that one shot but I need to learn the lesson of sticking up and for a group you believe in and see how they do. Now basically basketball's over until next September or October. I guess there's something called the summer league and games like that but I don't know about that kind of stuff anyway pretty decent Sunday….

No comments: