I'm glad I have this chair even with all the iniquities right now and all the problems that it seems to be going through it's been doing good by me as far as the chair goes. I know better than to try to take it out on any long trips by myself. By long trips I'm talking about even going over to Macy's which is just one block down and across the street from where I live. I wasn't sure entirely if I could make that trip. I think I could do okay on a straight line trip like going somewhere on the same block where I live, but where it gets to be a little dicey would be like crossing the street where you've got to be able to do it in a certain amount of time. I mean after all you are putting yourself at risk anytime one has to cross during a controlled setting like a crosswalk. Mark Anthony texted me tonight indicating that we could probably do some visiting and go over to the fast food joint across the street for a little dinner. I was up for this I'd like to see Mark anytime I get a chance. I warned him that my chair is acting up and I might need some assistance and he was up for that. We didn't seem to have much of a problem getting over to the Arctic Circle(AC) but coming back was a totally different trip. For some reason the motor on the left side of my chair is going out and it seems to getting worse the more that I use it. I really feel quite safe and comfortable using this chair just to run around the apartment and grounds but I'm a little concerned about going anywhere significant across the street for instance. So, the motors been kicking out on me after I drive it for a few minutes or if I try to turn the wrong way at the wrong time the whole thing will just stop and I'll have to turn off the machine and turn it back on and then go as much further as I can before the whole process starts again. Like I said I'm straight line that's not a problem but crossing the street that gets to be spooky and it was. We tried three or four times to try to get the chair in the forward motion mode while we had the light for four times the chair just stopped and we couldn't get across the street in time. Finally on about the 5th try we got close to getting almost halfway in the chair shut down and we had to start the whole process and it took the whole time that the rest of the light gave us and we ended up having to cross while people waited for us to get across even though they had the green light. I pretty much believe in people and they will let me do something like this and I think Mark believes the same way but it's just still scary see the entire Bank of cars wanting and waiting to cross the street all waiting for you it just doesn't seem right. As much as I don't want to I'm afraid tomorrow when my caregiver gets done with me I'm going to have to go into my other chair and set this one in the corner waiting for the people to pick it up. I just hope this chair doesn't feel like it's being punished…
No comments:
Post a Comment