Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Rice is nice

 I didn't do my arm back today and there really is no excuse for it. Actually I think the excuse that I did use to myself was that I was just too tired, exhausted the heat baked out my will to turn the arm crank. That's okay I still have a number of days in a week that I can get my our in so that by Saturday I'll have the 200 minutes in easy peasy. That's correct the heat is back or should I say the heat is on, what a great song It's a pretty good movie too. Anyway, it was a Tuesday or is it Tuesday so I jumped the bus and went all the way into the city for my assist meeting. It went off all right had a lot more names than usual which is good made me feel like I at least made the trip for some reason. I was going to jump the train and come back home immediately but I was a little late trying to get out to the train and it passed before I could get there and I sure didn't want to spend any more time downtown Salt Lake than I had to so I went to a burger joint downtown and this time rather than getting something with me in it I controlled myself it just got half fries half onion rings in the order. It was less than five bucks which is great. I also found the combination quite tasty. I don't know how often I would do that to myself but I did enjoy the meal. I got off the train at the community college enrolled over to the market pick up a couple items that I have not had that I needed probably the most important being a loaf of bread. Not necessarily for sandwiches but for toast especially in the morning. I also got hot dog buns. This of course means that I'm going to have hot dogs sooner than later now and I do have some nice dogs in the meat container in the fridge. That's a lot of food to put in yourself at one time. I suppose it can't be any worse than the sloppy joes I've had last week. I need to make up another food backup product. I'm thinking I have another can of not ground beef in those poor people cans of food that I get from the food bank. Last night before going to bed I actually made a pot of rice brown rice. So my thought being perhaps I can take the can of beef again put it on the stove with onions green pepper garlic and then mix the contents simmer for a while then add it to the rice. I think this would make a comfortable gruel and maybe quite enjoyable to eat. I got actually do some research on the internet and see if I can find any interesting items I could add to the rice to make it more enjoyable.


No comments: