What A Strange Day! It started out extremely early I woke up around 3:00 a.m. and really couldn't get back to sleep. I must have dozed off once or twice before we reached 6:00 a.m. but it was kind of hard but I was excited kind of today is my brother's birthday. We're not super close kind of just because and we always pretty much stuck together. I still have a weird feeling about the call. I couldn't find the phone number at first I had to really work at it to make sure I got the right phone number. He has a home phone but never answers it he answers pretty much only to his cell phone I didn't have that number I left a message and eventually got back with me. During the conversation where I did the happy birthday thing he informed me that he's got cancer, some kind of blood cancer which indicates has no cure or at least that's what they told him. He said he's had it for some time but this is the first time he's ever let me know about it and it kind of freaks me out there's no question about that. He's a veteran and he goes to the VA a lot and I think he's been doing the VA Hospital thing for this whole cancer trip which kind of makes sense that he has those options. Either way he's a short timer but who is not a short timer at this point. He's 5 years older than me that means he's 80 years old that's a good run it's going to be probably better than I get. He says he's not in too much pain a little discomfort but who knows what that really means. I wish I was closer as far as physically being closer to Boise so I can actually visit him. I didn't really think I'd get back to Boise and I still don't know how I would but that might be something just going to have to work out. When he passes unless something else happens to one of the family until then he'll be the first to go then I guess it'll be like floodgates opening up. I don't know at all but it wouldn't surprise me except for the oldest brother who died quite a while ago and really wasn't too integrated with the rest of the family this should be the first close one to go. I think I'm just babbling now.
I really wanted to get more done today than I did. It's Wednesday and that means it's wash day. That pretty much links me to the apartment complex until I at least get the clothes out of the dryer. Melissa takes the clothes from the washer it closer in the dryer before she leaves then about an hour later I check the dryer take out the clothes get back to my room and then fold them. I was pretty straightforward today got them done probably about 1:00 or 2:00 but then I just didn't have the momentum to head out and catch the bus and go look for a new lanyard to hold my bus pass in since I destroyed the other one last week. This of course is at the same time that I've got to deposit the check that I got from my volunteer work with assist. It's not a lot and it's not like a salary it's more like and honorarium I forget the other word it's used for that. Still 60 bucks is 60 bucks I'll dump most of it into the account and take 10 out for fun…
No comments:
Post a Comment