It's not like the temperatures gotten really cold or anything like that but the temperature has dropped 20 or 30° from what it has been when it was in triple digits. Not only has the temperature dropped but dark temperate clouds of moved in as well. It hasn't been raining here where I live but it has been raining large amounts around the state not as bad as some of the states where they're getting like flooding and dangerous going like that but still it's no longer summer heat- the heat that I live for all year long. It's supposed to get back up into the '90s and maybe we'll get another triple digit day before it's all done but I'd be surprised. Today I had to get to the bank/ Credit Union to pull cash out of my account for the weekend or whatever when I don't want to use my card or anything like that you know leaving a trace or something. This means I have to catch the bus and go either across a couple streets west of my apartment complex or a number of streets South quite a ways. Either way it's going to take significant amount of time. I didn't mind I did not have anything else going on today. I went to the branch which is around the corner for my Apartments. I went early enough in the day to where there was no lines to speak of because those that work had not gotten paid yet that would have been later on in the afternoon. What's interesting is the branch that I do go to is also the same branch that many folks who are Hispanic go to this particular branch. They quite enjoy listening to the Spanish being spoken the entire time I'm there and just waiting in line as well as many folks doing business with the teller and such. Like I said I like to have cash around just in case somebody needs something or has something around the apartment complex I want to get a hold of. I have one friend who is really been having some issues trying to keep a job or getting a job even. She needs gas money off and on and many times all give her a $10 bill or whatever just so that she'll have enough gas to get through the weekend or get from her apartment to wherever she's searching for work. I usually get 3 $20 bills and four $10 bills. This gives me enough working capital that I can have some change in my wallet and then have some in a book in my bedroom then pull out of somebody needs a little bit more cash. This also gives me cash that I can give folks who offer to go to the market for me. Having a little cash around always makes me feel stable.
My son kind of surprised me tonight by coming over with a heavy duty power strip. The power strip I had in the corner where I had my big screen, computer and cable connection setup in one corner. Power strip I had there was pretty lightweight at Best in it even showed signs of burning out at one time or another. I'm sure it was divine intervention that snuffed out the fire that look like had attacked this cheap power strip at one time. I have a heavy duty one now and feel much more comfortable..
No comments:
Post a Comment