Sunday, August 02, 2026

It could have been disastrous

 This day started out with what could have been a disaster. You, dedicated reader, no that usually on Sundays I get up a little bit earlier because I tried to get totally dressed and ready to go by 7:30 so I can make the 8:00 breakfast appointment at the local restaurant. Today I started at usual about 4:55 something like that and then when I went to make the transfer for the bed to the chair I still don't know what happened but the cushion wasn't fastened or whatever like it usually was or is and the whole cushion slipped underneath my weight as I transferred from the bed on to the cushion 3/4 of the cushion was left hanging off of the chair and I was sort of just basically on a little bit of the cushion that was still on the chair and I didn't have anywhere to go except down. This has happened sort of in the past and I've been able to lay the chair down or lay the back down and with a stick or whatever push the cushion back underneath me when I try to bridge but that didn't work on this one and I knew I was a goner I was going to have to call somebody or something. Then I figured well well I tried getting back on the bed and starting over again but I can still do that with the lowering in the bed back to its down position then in a leap roll back on the bed which I did then start the process all over again this time however pushing the cushion back as far as it would go in the bed of the chair. It took me 45 minutes at least to do this procedure but I did it and I rolled back and I was able to make the transfer I put out a couple calls with Alexa but nobody responded and that turned out to be okay. It seem to take me a bit longer than usual to get dressed and such but surprisingly I was ready to go by 7:45 a.m. amazing! In fact I got to the restaurant way before everybody else and waited for about 20 minutes before the rest of the crew showed up. 


The previous event was pretty huge in my estimation especially since I was able to pull my own self out of a problem myself. But I think the best part of this day was that following breakfast Jasmine and Jackson volunteered to come over to my apartment. Did ask me if there was anything I needed to have done and there really is I've had a case of spam on the top shelf and my cabinet that I couldn't reach any more cans to pull out I need to have this spam empty before I could reach it since I really do use a lot of spam when I have access I feel like cooking. But of course once the kids got here they went right to work cleaning up the place putting things in order sweeping the floor and doing whatever I ask that needs to be done around the corner, dishes were done countertops were dusted off and washed down as well as the top of the stove top which can get pretty Grody sometimes. A lot of elbow grease went into some of the items they cleaned. They also got rid of a lot of useless stuff on my tabletop and set the rest of what was left in order making it look very tidy and very useful I was truly blessed today from disaster aversion to apartment clean up I am one lucky dude!


No comments: