Thursday, August 13, 2026

Thursday thoughts

The temperature barely got to 85° today much cooler than it has been this whole summer especially with the string of 100 plus Degree Days. I knew the temperature at that height would not last but I certainly enjoyed the amount of warm days we've had but now something has changed, something is definitely changed and I sense that autumn/fall is on its way. It looks like we'll be back in the 90s maybe next week but not in the upper 90s lower 90s. I'll be surprised if we see another Triple digit day before next summer. Sadly but kind of interestingly I make that comment by what I've known in the past that happened I think now with global warming Everything's changed nothing's going to be the same lesson used to be. I think the Winter's going to be fairly warm this season. And I don't think we're going to see much in the way of snow or rain for that matter. I get a little nervous watching the evening news now with all the giant storms they're having on the east coast and the middle of the country just tons and tons of water. I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop for us folks here in the West. I think the most obvious is the drought and what we're going to do as far as conserving water enough water to get the people who drink water through let alone beasts and Fields. I'm a little heart in that there are folks that are trying to wrestle these issues and problems and hopefully we'll come up with some usable Solutions here in Utah. Perhaps our old card is the fact that there are so many Mormons here in the state of course. These are the guys who base a lot of their whole food storage on the concept of they'll be great need for such items in the latter days no not only food but water as well. I always default to my own belief of tragedy be falling the state as the Great fault line movement. It's supposed to be super destructive but I don't know if they would actually let the Saints know. Food storage is important but I think what your storage is far more critical. I have a great faith in a couple of the State offices who's the only job is to work with water shortage issues. One of them is actually working with the Great Lake down state that provides a lot of water for the state consumption water. We continue to consume a lot of water in the industrial agricultural side. I know that state is trying to work out those issues as well. Who knows with everybody working on these kind of things perhaps we will be able to develop some scenarios that will take us away from the water shortages I think we're going to be seeing more of in the coming months/ year's.


I'm sitting here desperately waiting for a second wind for probably through the rest of my evening. Sadly I don't think it's coming. I've been sleepy all day doesn't help matter when you wake up at 3:00 a.m. and really don't go back to sleep.

 

No comments: