The temperatures have ticked back up to the triple digits. Today we reached 103° which really isn't a lot but my local standards it's enough to make the news at least three times a day. Anyway the harp on just how he is that sometimes you do things that are so much stupid and that's what I have done. The other they or should I say the other hot spell I saw what I thought was a deal in the Frozen section of the local market and that was a whole box of Meadowgold gold ice cream bars and the rapper look just like the creamery and milk company in Boise where I grew up. I guess I'm a sucker for sedimentality. Even more important was there's 24 ice cream bars in the Box at the same price of 12 of the local brand. I thought I was being somewhat clever pulling this off as I stuck the box of ice cream bars in my freezer. I've had two or three of the ice cream bars now and each and every time I tried to unwrap the ice cream bar I failed and only got in the portion of the ice cream bar exposed by the time the whole thing started melting on me. I've gotten so I'm somewhat hesitant to even dive into the bars. Fortunately for me, and my caregiver likes these ice cream bars helps yourself to one off and on when she's waiting for me to finish my business on the toilet. I also thought about taking a couple of them over to my neighbors to help me get through this box. 24 bars are a lot of calories especially when you start eating one tonight which I'm tempted to do. I just hold myself back have a bar maybe once or twice every week.
I ate my ice cream sandwich tonight again I noticed how quickly the chocolate like wafer that the ice cream sits in the middle of, begins to disintegrate and get soggy making it most difficult too finish unwrapping the cool summer treat. Going to the internet of course and there was a fairly decent answer there as far as how many people have this problem- - which totally surprises me. I thought perhaps the freezer portion of the freezer is not turned High Enough and the iron coupled with the body temperature leads to a quick meltdown. Whatever is the problem it's a mess maker and I don't get the entire benefit of the ice cream bar. I don't think the Wafers are as thick or as crisp I used to be either. My mother had this unique way of finding things that were available in bulk sizes. One day she brought home two large bags of chocolate wafers from a local Cream Dairy Outlet that made ice cream bars. These Wafers were Rejects they were really good like a chocolate cookie but they had small defects that made them unusable for their regular product. We had these for a couple weeks before they all got eaten and I remember them being somewhat crisp it would take something like ice cream a long time to melt through it. I think they've changed their makeup just like everything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment