Sunday, August 09, 2026

Summer storms and clean apartment




 I've rattled on before and past years about how much I enjoy a summer storm in the evenings. I like to watch the clouds build up during the day the day by cumulative clouds Stack Up turn dark gray the wind comes up especially on the hot days. Tonight was one of those nights for me in fact I was just settling down to write tonight's blog post and all the sudden I smelled green rain that distinct smell you get when water hits concrete on a hot day. Coming down but I wasn't sure so I went out and realized there was a storm brewing Maybe. Warm Winds were blowing the trees around our apartment complex and it was just a very high energy evening. And all the time I was out I only saw lightning once and didn't hear any Thunder which doesn't mean there wasn't any but I didn't witness or hear anything. I got caught by a couple of my apartment folks that were outside as well and we end up having quite a discussion about rain and concrete and the smell of a storm. The wind kept blowing and it was hard to break free from the moment or moments we are having. It was kind of a perfect ending to Hot August Sunday. 


Earlier in the day, it's Sunday of course, I'm at the kids for breakfast at the usual joint. I was surprised that when I got to the restaurant my granddaughter was already there. I'm usually the first to get to the restaurant but she'd gotten there and staked out our table. My son ended up joining us and we had a great conversation and probably hung out for about an hour and a half at least maybe even 2 hours by the time we were finished yammering. Then my son had to go to a function he was working at and then the granddaughter was coming over to my apartment to finish your project which started a couple of Sundays ago. I was amazed because soon she was totally involved and cleaning the apartment. I would not say it was a deep clean but she was certainly working hard on the project. She spent time cleaning the table off which was and is always a major project everything lands on my table. Then she actually swept the floors then drug out the mop and mopped the floors all through the apartment. It's not like it's a big apartment it's pretty small so I guess it's not that big of a job for me sitting down. When I try to do this job I can do it to a point but then I start rolling over the wet surface and my wheels leave tracks all over my work but when my granddaughter does the floor it dries before I get back onto it and I don't really the face all the work she's put into the project. I think she spent another 2 hours working on my apartment. She did such a good job all I ended up paying her was an ice cream sandwich, see last night's entry or maybe night before last.


No comments: