It's one of those near and summer beautiful nights, Thunder roaring in the distance occasional flashes of flat lightning and occasional raindrops accompanied by quick short blast of wind. They all tie in together to lower the temperature a little bit to make the whole evening enjoyable and bearable even though summer is fastly coming to an end. I've been fortunate the last week or so that have not had any meetings or commitments have had to address so I'm spending long days at home mostly in the apartment. Often I go out and read in the common area also known as the patio. Large clouds are floating in the sky blocking the Sun keeping the temperature quite enjoyable. When the clouds move in the sun peeks through it immediately heats up the whole area. Luckily for me that was not an issue today. I started a new book I think I briefed you on that yesterday got into it maybe three chapters now it's about the Kennedys and I'm finding it not that boring for a documentary type book. The book is Well written. Sometimes there are passages that are borderline boring but I'm learning just to jump past those pieces of writing. I have not had to but if I were to justify my long periods of being alone in the apartment I would use the excuse of having the layout flat or near flat in my power chair to mimic staying in bed. I would rather be somewhat uncomfortable and stretched out in my power chair then having to play stretched out into my bed being lonely and fear of being forgotten. That doesn't seem to be an issue and I'm blessed on that level.
What I did do today that was quite pleasureful if not fun for me was as soon as I got up this morning and functional around 6:00 a.m. I started a double batch of rice. Yes, I finished my process of project of making a batch of Frank. I got the rice made this morning and then processed celery, onions, and later on in the afternoon white chicken meat from the breast that I purchased last weekend for this project. I also fetched out one of the cans of carrots that I have in my Supply drained it and add it to the concoction when I finally started the task. I really did not take as long as I thought it would take at least felt that it would take to do this work quite enjoyable as well I had to NPR in the background. I would like to say that that's quite beneficial but you know what? I have a major frustration issue with the local NPR affiliate, kuer. Inherently doing an article or an interview or a story even, and many of their stories are quite good, the whole channel will cut out and go to dead space or dead air. I'm not sure why this happens except for someone's inadequacy at the station at least that's what it always feels like. It probably has nothing to do with anything like that but it sure feels that way and I never get used to the whole Channel just cutting out nothing but dead air. And then verbally it happens during a really good story that you'd like to find out how it completes itself. It's probably something to do with the Airways or something like that but I think as soon as I can find the right number to call I want to call the University radio station and find out if they're doing anything stupid that would cause major minutes of blackout. I don't know when I'll get to this project I'd like to say immediately but history tells or shows that I never do that. I talk a good time but carry through is a whole other frustration
No comments:
Post a Comment