Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Dark 30 earlier and earlier

 It's 8:30 and it's almost dark outside! It's funny how all of a sudden you become aware of the change and you realize now heading towards autumn at seemingly greater speed. I mean after all a month ago would have been 30 some days so it'll be 9:00 before it was this dark now it's 8:30 and 30 more days it'll be 7:30- - that can't be right but who knows we'll see. Because I went out last night the date that I had for lunch today didn't happen cuz it happened last night for dinner. Anyway I guess the point that I'm making is that I didn't have anything really to do today. The constant reader will remember that usually on Tuesdays I am downtown Salt Lake at assist Inc office. That gets me up in the morning forces me to be ready by a certain time in order to go down to the bus stop catch the bus into the train to get into Salt Lake by 11:00 a.m. which is the usual time. However the coordinator of the program is gone this week so there's no meeting believe in me with a whole day on my hands. Sadly and it's almost a confession I didn't do anything with today except maybe watch a couple movies. I really hate to admit that. I did my usual however I did my 60 Minutes on the arm bike and that took out a chunk of the day no listen to a number of my favorite shows on NPR. Once again I could take the little road and suggest that what I'm really doing is nothing because I need to lay back in my chair to take the weight off of my butt because of my possible pressure issues. This is my justification for watching so many movies is that I do it with my chair situated in such a situation where I'm lying back and the pressure's off my bottom. I justify my lack of doing things that way plus I'm rather cautious on how much I use my power chair because of the batteries that are not perfect anymore. This reminds me I did get a call today I saw I was from IHC my wheelchair place. I imagine they want me to schedule the time for them to pick up my chair to get it worked on. I've become so complacent that I don't care really. Even with the failing batteries that's in this chair now I'm doing good to get from A to B power wise. I will have to call them tomorrow and see when they can schedule I think I probably lost the window for this week. And that's on me.


Tomorrow my routine clicks back on. Lisa will be here kind of early to do my Wednesday routine and then dressed and ready to go I'll have to wait around until the wash is done and retrieve the clothes from the dryer- - remember she takes the clothes from the washing machine until it's been the dryer before she leaves. I get the clothes take them back to the apartment and if I'm really focused I will fold them and hang them on hangers and free up the clothes basket. I guess I will be responsible and called I see people and schedule my chair pickup. If I can do all those I'll feel like I've done something for my Wednesday. I doubt if I'll go to a movie at all the next couple days I've seen everything once or twice. I almost might go back to the Odyssey but I don't know if I could stand two more hours of those guys though I do like the actors it's just 2 hours and some minutes is a long time and it's kind of cold inside the theater…


No comments: