Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Mein Kampf my daily struggle to put myself together

I had a definite senior moment this morning after I gotten up. I for sure thought today was Monday. It felt like Monday all the way through. It's only after I was up and dressed and wondering about why my home health person didn't show up today to do my dressing but I started putting together traces of yesterday and then realized that in fact today is Tuesday. The only thing that possibly saves my senior moment rationale is that this Tuesday there was no assist meeting that I usually get up and hurry through my morning ritual to get out to the bus in time to get into the city for the meeting. Little bit by little bit I made the realization that today was in fact Tuesday nothing that changed anything to speak of. I pretty much enjoyed the day at the apartment just going over to the market briefly to pick up some cottage cheese and a couple of other spontaneous purchases. The whole bag of groceries cost $11.95 or something like that.


Getting dressed this morning wasn't quite a struggle but it was a struggle nonetheless. Working on dressing off and on it probably took a good 2 hours to get dressed this morning. I stress too much I think and put over time into getting on my green shorts today. Try as I may I couldn't get enough elevation on my bridge to pull the shorts up over my hips the way they should be. The end result was a very twisted pair of shorts. Off and on throughout the morning I worked at trying to pull the shirts around so they are centered right with my body didn't really work that much but after I'd gotten my stick and my bag and whatever sitting on my lap I was good enough to go for me. I think I looked hideous but that's just the way things are these days. One day soon I may even break down in get a Home Health person to dress me everyday. I don't know if I could afford that as it is right now but who knows in time.? I'm paying closer attention to my little pile of wealth that I have at the credit union. It seems I lose a little bit more wealth every month. A lot of that wealth has been used in paying off the dentist for my awful teeth. Theoretically one would think that that would certainly take care of itself over time and they can start building up cash reserves again. I just don't know if I have the time anymore. As long as I have the pension coming in every month I should be okay. I must confess however that the money that I'm spending these days is what's left over from the 2000 Trump gave us a couple years ago. I banked it and I've been using a little bit here and there the past couple of weeks more than I have ever before.

I am also realizing that I'm using my credit card more than I have ever done before as well. It scares me when my balance on the credit card just to be like two or three hundred dollars. When this happens I just pay it down as fast as I can. Credit balance drives me crazy especially now where they talk about it all the time on NPR. I don't want to be the reason the debt fails..


No comments: